• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Disability approved

Status
Not open for further replies.

New

MyPTSD Pro
Disability approved last week. I know I should be happy or relieved but I’m not.

I’ve worked for so long and feel lost now. I was proud to work and it definitely was a huge part of me.

I was too ashamed to even post it here. It had taken me a week and no sleep to get up the nerve.

Disability approved last week. I know I should be happy or relieved but I’m not.

I’ve worked for so long and feel lost now. I was proud to work and it definitely was a huge part of me.

I was too ashamed to even post it here. It had taken me a week and no sleep to get up the nerve.

Congrats! I know it's difficult to accept the sudden change. Perhaps you can use this as a break from the chaos, and maybe find a new path...
I am fighting for disability and am facing a hearing as my initial claim (which I realize was weak) was denied and I appealed and have accepted Representation who will be assisting me with building my case and will be with me at the hearing, in my case is going to be via Video Teleconfrence rather than face to face.

Glad you posted and definitely see this as an opportunity to grow and evolve.

Thank you!
Good luck at your hearing. I bet you are so relieved to not have to go in person.
In actually, I am glad for a couple of reasons: First I won't have to leave my dog while I travel out of town and Second, the hearing will be sooner than if I were doing that face to face. What I don't yet know is how long is the hearing and how soon will I likely have the decision? Having the representation I have a feeling will be a good thing for sure.

Reactions: New
I am so glad you posted this! I am waiting to hear on mine and it's so hard to figure out how I feel about it. One one hand I'm excited I will get a breather and be able to take time off to work on recovering. In the other.....crap! I'm going to be in disability! How did this happen? What kind of loser am I that I just can't suck it up!?

I'm sad it's hard for you...But I'm reassured it's kind of normal to feel this way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back