• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Discrimination stirring up frustration and fear?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justmehere

Sponsor
I’m working with an entity offline that will have to be nameless and vague about, that is actively engaged in some clear cut and confirmed discrimination against people with physical disabilities. I’m in the position of trying to help advocate and problem solve for equal access for others, and find the right advocates to help. (It may all require a civil rights grievance and lawsuit to solve. It’s *that* blatant.)

The crap that’s been said in writing by this well respected large (huge) organization about people with physical disabilities is stunning... just stunning...

I can’t say anything more about the situation.

But it has hit a point that is PISSING me off. I’m mad. Just mad. There is grounds to be mad without PTSD, but some part of this anger is a little anxious. It’s stirring up something about feeling damaged and broken and useless and worthless...

It’s really hard to see people discarded.

We haven’t even touched on psych disabilities. Stigma is real and pisses me off.

I expected this to be frustrating, I didn’t expect the fear.

Sounds like they are unknowingly marginalizing you. It also sounds like they are a despicable group. Can you leak any of this to the human rights commission?

Time to get your righteous anger on, my friend. Crusades are incredibly empowering!

They dangle solutions. Like carrots. Got a call from the top person in the nonprofit, the CEO. I declined the request for a conversation on on one with me, asked to do it with two other people, and this person said yes... and she offered times *today* and *first thing tomorrow,* and asked me to email a time that worked for everyone... so I did... and... radio silence.

I mean yay, the CEO called. I guess. AND DANGLED FREAKING CARROTS. Not just to me, but my friends.

The times for the conference call are passing, one by one... It won't happen. They have had so many employees do this, and the conference call NEVER HAPPENS.

I dropped everything to speak to this person and tell them, actually, I would love to talk, and I really need these people to be in on a conversation. Not me alone. Then all the cheerful agreeing happens next, we schedule a time, and then NOTHING. We have actually scheduled for a conference call 7 times with different employees of the company. NOT A SINGLE ONE HAS HAPPENED.

And they want me to trust them when they say "we are working on solutions?"

I so want to tell them: "No, no you are not. You are F*CKING WITH ME and my friends with disabilities. Call me when you have your act together. BYE."

No. I did not say this. Even I am not that stupid. But I am drained and frustrated.

vent over.

This is mind-numbing.

I admit, I lack filters and tact, but why would it be stupid to tell them you know they're just f*cking with you? Ok, maybe I'm a bit stupid, too, but what have you got to lose?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back