• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Dissociation problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Teha

I have this weird thing happen to me sometimes that I don't understand and am wondering if any of you have this happen and can help me know what it is?

What happens is I'll feel like I suddenly "come back" to myself, almost like suddenly waking up or something. But I don't have blackouts or amnesia about whats been happening the last few hours, I can remember it all, but it seems like someone else was doing it because it couldn't have been me cause I just arrived. Does this make any sense or sound familiar to anyone?

Thanks for any insights you can give. Its really freaky and weird when this happens. I don't know whats wrong with me.

Sounds like a co-conscious experience.

This may help clarify what that term means.

What is co-consciousness?

Does the above article resonate at all? If so, can you describe what part? Dissociation can take on many different flavours.

I could relate to the author talking about being in a confused fog. I feel that way a lot when this happens.

And kinda also like the author talking about finding things in filing cabinets. I also, at the times this weird thing happens, when someone asks me a question, it feels really difficult to find the answer, even if its something I know that I know (like, whens your birthday?) its like I have to reach further to access it. I'm not sure if thats the best way to describe it, but I don't know quite else how.

Also, where she talks about seeing and hearing everything that’s going on but not feeling in control of yourself. Thats kinda what its like before I "come back." Its like watching a movie that uses all your 5 senses, so I'm experiencing everything thats going on, but its not me doing the things, and when I "come back" I will feel like "who was that doing that stuff? why am I just now being here?" even though I was already here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back