• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Dissociation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelwings

MyPTSD Pro
Today I spent the majority of time dissociated. I was at my therapist's office, and was able to be together enough to pick my son up from school. I didn't even have flashbacks last night. I'm so confused. I don't know where it is coming from. I'm so worried that I'll do it when my son is awake. He's almost 9, so he'd be really confused. What do I do?

Do you think it's possible that being at your therapist's office all day could be adding to the problem? Like, it is almost giving you the opportunity to dissociate because it is a safe place to do so, and also because you are less likely to get on with normal day to day stuff while you are there. It is a false environment really. 'opportunity' is the wrong word to use but I hope you understand what I mean by it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back