• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Dissociative Experiences Scale

Status
Not open for further replies.
My (new) husband (though we've been best friends and/or a "couple" for about 10 years now) is somewhere in the 70's .. probably he WOULD have been diagnosed "DID" - especially a couple years ago .. now he's more just "DI" .. ;) .. NOT presently in "disorder" or "crisis" ..

This is what we have come to like to refer to as a "healthy multiple" (YES, we believe this is possible with or without "full" integration) ..

I am in the high 30's on this scale though not "DID" at all .. Yes, I am likely "ADHD" .. The degree to which I am "more" dissociative than the "average" person has been, I think, a blessing inside our relationship and helping my man identify (and "normalize") his own "issues" and we have worked hard together to create structure and order and internal communication and a cohesive narrative ("organizing" his past traumas and interpreting or RE-interpreting them) for HIS story (and also for mine) ..

Both of us have "attachment" issues, and we work very hard to both overcome those as well as NOT nurture some kind of co-dependency with each other .. For us, part of this works well with each having our own defined "space" ..

We strive every day for our own and each others' "best selves," believing healing is not an elusive dream, and navigating the ups and downs of our respective "triggers" .. not always perfectly, but always better. :)

~WU

I think that I might have picked the wrong option for some of the questions. What are you supposed to pick when you always do something when exposed to a specific trigger but you don't encounter that trigger too often? I think I probably picked the wrong one with that one.

The Dissociative Experiences Scale (DES) was developed by Eve Bernstein Carlson, Ph.D. and Frank W. Putnam,...

I scored 55?!?! I've never been diagnosed with dissociation although T has mentioned it on occasion... Something to def bring up in next session

I did this last year and got 34 I'm struggling a lot lately with dissociation so thought I'd do it again. This time I got 62!! Is it even possible to jump up that much on the scale? Ffs what a bummer I feel like I'm going back wards. I know that's not the case though and I know I'm struggling with dissociation because of the new memories and discussing childhood stuff in therapy.

It still sucks. It's the most annoying thing being dissociative. I can't get shit done, I can't really read things everything seems above my head and complicated. I can't even hold a conversation at the moment. I can't ground because it seems constant with little snippets of clarity and how can you ground when you don't realise you've been dissociative until the moment of clarity. I'm really bummed out about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back