• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Dljwhitewolf's Mental Imagery

Status
Not open for further replies.

dljwhitewolf

Confident
This is an imaginery journey down a road. Take in the sights, sounds and colours, just like a video camera recording all that lies surrounding you. Survey the scene, noticing whatis far off in the distance, the background surrounds, the weather, the season and a total image of what you view. Feel the ground beneath your feet. Try to visualize it as a picture on a canvas, but with movement, sound, colour and emotion. You are the surveyor on this journey. Draw your journey on paper if you desire, as it often shows clearer results, then attach your drawing via snapshot or scan to your post.

Q1. What colour is the road? soft baby blue
Q2. What texture is the road? cushiony like a pillow
Q3. How solid is the road? very airy

You continue walking and come to a river that must be crossed. There before you is the river; the size and depth are up to you. You cannot go around it but must imagine a way to cross it. Whatever you need to cross the river is already within your mind, just imagine seeing yourself do it.

Q4. How do you cross the river? I walk through it
Q5. What does the water look like? dark blue but light blue near my feet
Q6. How fast is the water current? a warm slow current
Q7. Is there anything in the water? If so, what? no

You have crossed the river and continue walking. You come to a house. Take a good look at the house. Notice the impression it makes on you.

Q8. What colour is the house? brown, wooden
Q9. What condition is the house in? old wood, but strong
Q10. Does anyone live in the house? If so, who? a man, I don't know him but he is familiar with this area. He is a kind wise man.

We continue forward in our minds journey and come to an open field. A cup is on the ground, and we stop to examine it. The cup can be of any size, shape, colour and description. Focus on it's look, condition and contents.

Q11. What colour is the cup? white
Q12. What condition is the cup in? very good
Q13. Is there anything in the cup? If so, what? dark oil, like used motor oil

You continue walking down the road and come to something blocking your path. It stops you in your tracks and prevents you from going forward. This is an obstacle.
well since I crossed the water, the road turned into a dirt path.

Q14. What is the obstacle, and please describe it in detail? it has become a one of the dirt pits I was put into. Very large and deep, the sides of the hole are cold and damp. I now trapped in it and only have the light of day to shed any light on me, but I am getting cold.
Q15. What do you see beyond the obstacle? I can only look up, and everything is quiet and very dismal.

dljwhitewolf's imagery part 2

Now you have had a break, go back to every question and look at your response. Try and find what you feel that your mind presented the image it did. Explain colours you chose, textures, water, cup, solids, liquids, space, objects, people, anything and everything that you wrote from your projected image, try and find what you feel to why you have that image. Don't look hard at things, instead try and look for the easy answers, as they are often the correct one's. Don't attempt to find something that isn't present, just look at each aspect for its absolute simplicity.

This is not an absolute, but something you must do in order to try and self analyse yourself. This is important. Please answer what you can, and simply define if you cannot find an emotion to a response you gave.
-
Well first my path was very heavenly, and I was very content. It was day time but there was no humans around, it was more like a soft billowy scene, very relaxing and tranquil.
After I crossed the water, which was warm and soothing I came upon the man's home. The colored road remained on the other side of the river, and my feet touched on a soft dirt road.
I wanted to have contact with the man inside the cabin, I felt as though he had warmth and wisdom. And wished to delve more into that.
Once I saw the word field, the ground grew more hardened, (I was tortured in fields and woods.)
The clean cup represented me, and the old oil, was what they spewed into me. Old used grimey crude.
I went from peacefulness to dread and despair, and wound up in one of the trenches they built for torturing.
My stomach became nauseous, and I'm glad I walked away when I did, or I would have smelled things I never want to again.
It felt like I walked from heaven to the outside of heaven then to the past.

You feel life is healing for you, are trusting within intimacy with little issues surrounding. You feel unappreciated from your support systems, though they have been adequate, and demonstrate an average self esteem. You are likely naive towards commitment, and demonstrate commitment towards someone or something other than your partner (if present).

There is an obstacle before your hole, what is it and please describe it?

The obstacle before my hole is a wrought iron very sharp barbed rail. It is scary and memories of the iron used in the movie I was in about satanism. It has blood on it and smells of decaying humans. It sickens me and I would rather retreat then to go forward, but even if I do go forward, I'd rather be in the pit then in front of this rail.

btw Anthony, can you do anymore of these types of diaries with maybe other subjects.
I find it very interesting and helpful. Thank you just in case you can, and I understand how busy you are if you can't at this moment.
Donna-Lynne

Hi DL, I just have little time to achieve mental imagery diaries presently. I typically only do them now on those who are very extreme and I need to see certain aspects, ie. suicidal or not, etc.

Can you give me any other thing to do, I like knowing what my sub-conscious is doing from time to time.
If not thanks, I know others need your help as well.
Donna-Lynne aka White Wolf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back