1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Do Fevers And Being Ill Increase Panic Attacks?

Discussion in 'Anxiety, Panic & Hypervigilance' started by permban0077, Mar 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

Just trying to figure this one out. Ended up where 3 mg dose barely kept me out of the hospital last night and barely took the edge off. I know stress can make you sick and I know I am under it... But with a fever of 103 is this making my attacks spike so bad? Guess this is a chicken or the egg question. What came first?

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. slhlilbit

slhlilbit Active Member

Im no medical profesional but in my expereance a high fever can cause more stress. and my health and my panic attacks are very much related. with a 103 temp. are you seeing a Dr. for the physical health? thats pretty high.
    Take care dont play around high fevers can cause alot of other problems.

4. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

Ugghh, yes it makes it much much worse.. been through that numerous times. Makes you feel like your freaking dying. Go get some Motrin. Yes. Motrin. Brand name only. That crap kills fevers that no other drug will touch. You need to get that fever down, right now. 104 is doctor time.. sooo... go get some (well make hubby get it.) Even if he has to poke it down your throat.. Also, put an ice pack on the back of you neck on and off. Don't leave it on for very long. If your in the shower, cut the tempature (but don't throw yourself into shock by cranking the cold)

Did I give you my sickness via internet? :biggrin:

Hope you feel better soon!

*hugs*

bec

5. permban0077

Dug it out and took it. Shocked we even had it. I had to take a whole mg upon waking, I was fighting the shit all night and not in the best of moods. Debating calling hubs back home if he is not loaded with work. But they surprised him with a $2 raise on his last check so not sure I want to do that, but MIL has said to call her from work for any reason but she too just got back in town from helping my SIL who is pretty stressed about the pregnancy issues... And she is taking the toddler as it is tomorrow to let me clean house. So long as I don't puke I should stay OK but it is not feeling that way.

Yeah, bec, you gave me a computer virus. Or may have something to do with me pulling a good bender on my birthday! Felt like shit yesterday but thought it was just a hang over but was freezing so may have been ill then too. But at least you had me in stitches. Thank Cougie for the laugh, I have not laughed so damn or hard much in God knows how long. But I had fun!

Yeah I am calling someone, I am barely able to handle the little one and need to get in shape before my boy gets here.

God I feel like I did when the first major break down was taking hold, only difference is I have the only dope now that works. Shit about to run out of Nick Jr. and then on my own. UGH I hate this shit!!!

6. permban0077

Well, Shortly after that post hubs was on his way home and took little one with stuffed animals and movies to watch on his computer at work. Family friendly place and apparently he isn't the only dad to have to do it sometimes.

I promptly passed out. Fever won't go below 102 but still taking Motrin. I woke to my flipping phone ringing (wrong number) so I called to check on her. She was sitting on his tool box with M&Ms and watching movies. He is getting his work done just a little more slowly, he said she is being very good and no fits.

My muscles are starting to hurt and for an empty stomach I feel like I could hurl something up anyway and I am all shakes from sleeping through my med scedule. And hell for someone who barely dreams I felt like that was all I did. And they were so stupid!

Bikes like Yamahas are commonly called rice burners here (I don't get it) but you have to understand that to understand this dream. I dreamed an Asian guy stole my rice I needed to put in my bike so it would not go since I ran out of rice. The dirt bike I wrecked out on was a Yamaha. But I did dream I had been riding it. It has been so long since I rode I actually am craving a ride now (probably after effect of dream since I am scared of them now). And with all the open long hi-ways here... Need to shake my dream off. Also, dreamed of a tall, dark, and handsome HANDSOME stranger, hee hee won't go beyond that! I must be sick having those kind of dreams and riding motorcycles LMAO. At least my dreams were fun and pleasant and silly, not a single nightmare. Wonder if I pass out the handsome stranger will come back (big goofy ass grin here).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

User search cloud:

1. panic attack fever

2. fever with panic attack

3. fever panic attack

4. panic attacks fever,
  5. can you get high fever with an anxiety attacks ,
  6. can a fever cause anxiety,
  7. does fever causes anxiety
Show Sidebar