1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Do I Bite my Tongue?

Discussion in 'Supporter Discussion' started by Jen, Sep 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

Hi I need to have whinge sorry. We bought a business at the start of the year my husband went in to it like a bull at a gate things were not done properly. I didnt like the way he was spending money on so much crap that we didnt need which by the way is still in boxes not even opened. People started chasing us for money our bills were not getting paid unbeknown to me. He started to go down hill, bills started to mount up then he gets depression so we decide for him to go back on to his TPI pension and stay at home.
    I am getting the business back on track slowly but surely and I am confident that by the end of the year things in the business will be ok and I am proud of myself for doing this as I had no idea about running a business!
    I came home last night and started talking about how we are a bit behind in paying some bills and he went off. "We have had it what are we going to do on and on" (this is him) he is so negative I dont get any praise for getting us out of the shit. I have decided I am not going to talk money to him any more it is really not worth seeing him get so cranky!!
    Jen

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Andrea42

Andrea42 Active Member

Jen,
    Dont take it too personal.
    All i can say is that i go through the same thing.
    You are doing a very good job, he just cant see that right now because he is worried about what he is going through and all the shit he is dealing with...its hard for them to focus on the positive things... Its very hard. And yes, sometimes i just want to give up.
    but look at how you are dealing with things! Thats awesome. I say disregard his negativity for the moment and with time he will notice
    :) Continue doing what you are doing so maybe by the end of the year when he is better, he can appreciate how you have picked up the business all on your own!

4. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Jen, fantastic effort on your behalf. Should you bite your tongue? I don't think so, but I also wouldn't recommend attacking either. If your husband can't learn how to discuss, then that is his issue, not yours. I guess only you can make that judgement though. Honestly, if he is doing nothing and you are doing all the work, then he really has very little say in the business side of things unless he is actively going to help you and the business, not run it into the ground.