1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Do I Have PTSD? - Hit By Car at 3 Years Old

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Dreamer, Nov 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dreamer

Dreamer New Member

I’m not sure if what I have is PTSD but I thought I would post my symptoms here and try to get some output. When I was 3 years old I was hit by a car and put into a coma for about 3 weeks. It’s not something that runs threw my mind constantly but its a huge feeling of being different. I've been reading that accidences could be the cause PTSD. I've been unemployed for more then a year now and I think its fear that the cause of it. It's like a consent serge of addrelen that makes me lose focus. Like a dizzy spell that takes me out of reality. I've always had a hard time sleeping some nightmares. Not really depressed could be from the support i get from my girl fend I've had for 9 years. I cant afford to see a doctor about it so this website and family that I rarely see is all i really have. If there’s any type of steps to take please post them.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

Hi, while what you describe is a trauma and it sounds like you do have anxiety you don't seem to be describing PTSD but NONE of us here are docs so that is the only way for you to know.

The lack of sleep and other symptoms you describe sound more like anxiety issues. The feeling you describe is pretty classic of an anxiety attack, even the "unreality" is a classic symptom of an anxiety/panic attack. That is highly treatable and since so many of us get them here you may be able to fix that on your own without intervention. Congrats! But the only way to know for sure is see a doc. I think those with anxiety issues would find a lot of help reading the information all in here freely avalible in the information section, and get to avoid medications with some simple thought changes and a few easy lifestyle changes.

At the top of all the pages are links. Click the one that says "forms" for help on seeing if you possibly have it.

4. Nam

Nam I'm a VIP

Hi, and welcome! Sometimes, local hospitals put up a mental health screening that is free. I advise you to go to one of those. Otherwise, on here, this website, has some great info on ptsd and it's symptoms. You can even take a quiz on it. It's called Forms up above on the bar.

Some of us has had trauma at a very young age. I for one had trauma as early as three but it lasted until I was five. I did not remember until two years ago and then because of the symptoms, I was diagnosed with ptsd. I agree with Veiled that it sounds like general anxiety and not so much ptsd. Are you sure it's just the accident that is causing you distress? Is there anything else going on?

5. Dreamer

Dreamer New Member

My mom suffers from panic attacks so maybe it’s a gene I picked up from her. Thank you for the info Nam and veiled. Ill have to try and make it to the free screening its just hard to get out sometimes. Also ill look more up on panic attacks. Feels good to just talk to other people that try and understand.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar