• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Poll Do You Believe You Are A Very Sensitive Person?

Do You Believe You Are A Sensitive person

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am told all the time that I am. I think I am just a person and too many other people in the world are mean, selfish and unkind. Probably sounds sensitive to them, so what would I know. I dont know the truth of this.

Way over sensitive. Sometimes to my own detriment. And sometimes to the point of harming others because I take everything so personal I over react. It is a blessing and a curse!

PH

I was a bit sensitive, even empathic as a child. People tell me I am distant and calculating though. I don't get my feelings hurt by others, I don't things personally. I don't emotionally invest in anything.

I was a bit sensitive, even empathic as a child. People tell me I am distant and calculating though. I don't get my feelings hurt by others, I don't things personally. I don't emotionally invest in anything.

That should read, "I don't take things personally."

I wish there was an edit button.

I respond to people when I shouldn't, whatever that says. I get emotionally invested, but my world isn't going to fall apart if someone turns on me or lets me down. People are like that.

my therapist gave me a book about narcissistic mothers and in there it says that children of narcissists must change their hypersensitivitiy into sensitivity towards others or they will have no close friends. I am slowly changing that into a was sensitive and taking everything so personally that i destroyed every single friendship i had. I still don't know how to behave around other people or how to be a friend.......i'm still trying to sort that out in my mind.....what is and is not okay to put up with...i think i have a few things figured. I don't have to make everything into a huge big fat deal. I can let people be themselves. i've talked a lot with my therapist about letting people be themselves. And having that be okay. That's how you keep friends. I imagine that I have an imaginary bubble around me and the more I expand it, the wider it gets and the more accepting I become of other people. The more I am able to let them just be. My bubble used to be wrapped so tightly around me that there was no room for a person to just be and it destroyed virtually all relationships that I had. I am learning very slowly to change that.

A sensitive person, or a sensitized person? For me, with the hyper-sensitive hearing, hyper-alertness, and all the other hypers lead me to think that it is sensitized. I am overly careful with what I say, lest I hurt someone's feelings. I have no desire to hurt anyone, in any way, shape or form (I wish this desire were reciprocated).I am continually analyzing everything in minute detail. Being so sensitized, every moment of living is an extremely intense experience. It is as if I have no filters and experience life utterly raw. Full force and full bore. At times it is overwhelming. That is why I prefer to live in the woods, alone. In Mother Nature, there is no bull***t. One minute she is making love to you and the next minute, she's trying to eat you. Brutally honest. No games. It's the REAL world. Not like humanity. Oops, I'm getting carried away here. Sorry about that.

Overly sensitive would describe me. I worry worry worry if I've hurt someone's feelings, did I give them the right gift, did I say something to make them mad, on and on. But the flip-side is rage and the I couldn't give a flying f*** how you feel and get the f*** out of my way or I'll cut your throat! Usually strangers though, not family, but I have been known to cut family out of my life for years at a time just to get some peace.

The worry about hurting people's feelings comes from the not remembering time and space. Maybe I did something out of line maybe I didn't. The way I say things are said misconstrued, I am not always sure. I apologize and worry. I don't purposely hurt anyone, I genuinely like people, especially those who have special struggles as I do.

So short answer: YES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back