• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Poll Do You Collapse Under Stress?

Do You Collapse Under Stress?

• Yes, often.

Votes: 55 42.3%
  • Yes, sometimes.

Votes: 55 42.3%
  • Not anymore.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Never.

Votes: 15 11.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim

MyPTSD Pro
Do any of you collapse, physically or emotionally, when stress or problems become too much? And then have to rest in bed for a day or more? That is my question. Hope its clear enough.

I answered never, as I have never physically collapsed when stressed, however; the part with bed rest for days I absolutely require if stressed that badly. If the stress is significant but I can handle it, then I just have very lazy days, ie. lying on the lounge watching movies for a couple of days, doing very little apart from showering and basic needs.

Thank you, much appreciated for the explanation. Evie has both, the physical collapse (less often) and needing bed rest however without collapsing. Perhaps I should have worded the poll a bit different.

Jim.

I don't have PTSD but if stress gets too much for me I find I can't function and rather than going to bed, I find a corner to sit in and usually cry....I emotionally overload when too stressed.

Oh, poo. I am just a wimp. I collapse into a puddle of shivering loud, snotty rain. Make me some comfort food and a warm blankey and just hold me.

I voted sometimes. I am pretty good at a crisis, and with stressful stuff... It's afterwards that I tend to fall apart, and need to de-stress, by vegging out, or staying in bed watching TV for a day or two.

Yes, I will physically collapse under the pressure - usually when my body is already ill and the PTSD symptoms intensify and I get overwhelmed.

This used to happen to me, mentally. My legs never buckled out from under me, but under stress my mind would just go blank. It was kind of like blacking out. I could not process.

Oh yes... I have recently 'collapsed' the last three assignment deadlines (in the last 6 weeks) when the added stress and pressure was too much. Resulting in some long spells in bed, and depression. This time, I spent days in bed, slept 12-17 hours a day. The symptoms, and added pressure exhausted me.

Yes, big time. It's kind of going on for me at the moment as a matter of fact. Physically, I've managed to stay out of bed all day, but I attribute that to the med combination I'm on now. But emotionally, I'm overwhelmed easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back