1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Do You Ever Erase Posts or Threads Before Submitting?

Discussion in 'Social' started by juls, Feb 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. juls

juls Active Member

Do any of you ever begin to post new threads and/or respond to posts and then erase/delete them before you press "submit"? I do it all the time. If there's anywhere that I should feel appreciation, understanding, welcome and support, it's here. I hope you do, too.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member

Juls I think everybody has at one time or another. Prolly us more than anybody else.

4. mac

mac Active Member

Juls, I do that too. Its harder to express some things with out visual body language to go with it. At least we have some of those cartoon characters to help us from being misunderstood too much. I find that writing here also keeps my brain from becoming too stale.

5. YoungAndAngry

YoungAndAngry Well-Known Member

I still delete messages I've typed...:rolleyes:

6. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

One in a thousand maybe... If I am responding to something, I respond, I don't worry about what others think about my opinion or what is in my head, I just respond or create and get things out there to be discussed and thrown about.

7. goingonhope

goingonhope Member Premium Member

juls, I may have once or twice done so in the very beginning, but I don't do so now. I do however re-read, maybe edit to make sure I am communicating what it is I'm trying to say. Also, sometimes my thoughts flow too fast, sometimes too slow and then typing it and making them match is not always easy.
    I do know that I've heard said, others have done this though. I just can't afford to frustrate myself in this area, so I push on and just hit post. Instead, I end up frustrating myself in other areas.

What has happened at times is somehow and someway I've messed up posting after I've taken my time to respond or post and this can be most frustrating beyond belief, if I don't just throw up my arms, and accept and say the hell with it. Now, to prevent me from doing this again, I highlight and copy onto my clipboard everything I want to say before attempting a lengthy post, bc if then I mess up and lose it, I've still got it.

8. beatle_bailey

beatle_bailey Active Member

Hi Juls

I have done that way to many times in the past ,, once spent an hour writing some one and when I went to put an attachment on the end ,, I lost the hole thing ,,, My PC came close to getting smashed to peices that day ,, If my PC omly knew how many times I almost Smashed it ,, it would probably Quit on me ,,,, Hey wait a minute ,, I did have to go to the shop cause it had a melt down :rofl: :rofl: almost forgot that
    Beatle

9. novemberDark

novemberDark Active Member

Juls I wish I could have, its not a pc I use, merely a phone for 1 more month. I'll be so happy with my new laptop. I have trouble moving the little cursor and screen also.

Hit post when not done and then compose further on another reply. The suggested word completion warps everything.

It's so frustrating when I just want to get my thoughts out after reading on here (I forget them to fast).

The staff from this site has had a lot of work editing the mess, and I'm very grateful for it.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2013
    goingonhope likes this.
  10. WillowMarie

WillowMarie Active Member

I have done that.... I have also posted something and had extreme anxiety about checking back to see if anyone responded because I get into this vulnerable spot and start thinking, no one is going to understand, or they will think I am weird/messed up, or stuff like that.

I have even deleted a post after a week before on a different forum because I let all my inner thoughts come out. No one had posted after a week, and I felt embarrassed and ended up deleting it and feeling bad about myself for posting it.

I try to remind myself, when I post on here, that there are a ton of people that can relate and have been there, so if I am ashamed or embarrassed, I don't need to be.

I also post in the anonymous section for things I feel ashamed and embarrassed about. Things that I am not ready for people to see that side of me. Like if I am maybe in a emotional flashback, or just having a ton of emotions, and my head is saying all this negative things, the all or nothing thinking, I post in anonymous because it is easier for me. I still worry people won't respond because it sounds too crazy or something, but at least I remind myself they don't know it wasn't me since they can't see user names.

I think, for me, a lot of it has to do with being invalidated or people thinking I am crazy/over emotional. I do remember being called the emotional one in the family when I was a child, and I know it was not a positive thing, so maybe it brings back some of those emotions/thoughts.

goingonhope likes this.
  11. goingonhope

goingonhope Member Premium Member

For sometime now, a few different things cause me to do and/or to choose to do, this lots now.

12. novemberDark

novemberDark Active Member

People that are, You've said it goingonhopePeople 'think I'm going crazy or over emotional' we'll I'm sure here we don't.!

What makes up people anyways all of us on here ? people
    with trauma issues ? delayed grief issues ?, ptsd issues ?

Least we think about it ! Good for those that don't have too.
    Yep my phone got me booted off again at least I have some time to edit....lol.
    ?
    I got feedback from here that I don't have to feel ashamed, made me feelbetter. Never posted anonymously ( thought i was, with a self chosen name).

Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
    Ninja, WillowMarie and goingonhope like this.
  13. Spiderallis

Spiderallis I'm a VIP

I have a lot of trouble clicking the 'post' button, not just on here either. I probably post every fourth or fifth attempt I make at replying. It's even harder to go through with starting a new thread.

Britt.f7 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar