• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Do you ever feel like your lying about having ptsd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephernovas

MyPTSD Pro
i don’t know if this is anxiety talking or what but recently my mood has been awful. Like to the point where ending it all crossed my mind. I pulled myself out of it this week, and now I’m sitting here with something positive happening and since I’m no longer in such a low spot, my brain is nervous that I’m lying about having PTSD. I’m walking around going, “see...you’re fine right now, you were just over exaggerating before”.

I have an overall nervousness and not fine feeling going on, yet my brain is screaming “YOU’RE FINE. YOU’RE NORMAL. STOP MAKING IT UP. ITS NOT THAT BAD”

I feel like I cannot breathe and am gasping for air, yet here I am, sitting in a chair appearing calm and normal, breathing just fine.

Yes, I do worry that I'm lying. I worry I'm an elaborate liar. My father is one, and many around me were. They would accuse me often of lying, and being dramatic. It's stayed with me. But these days I remind myself that this isn't something that can be lied about or faked -- not easily, anyway. My reactions are just as real as I am.

Maybe you could look at your own history and see what might be causing those thoughts. When I found out what was causing my doubt, it became a lot easier to comfort myself and to challenge those kinds of thoughts.

Yep! That too. When I’m asked to rate my SUDS, I say it’s leas than it is. One time I told her I was at a 9 because I knew the peak of a panic was imminent if she kept pushing. In the back of my mind I keep thinking about how I likely was just over exaggerating and I don’t know how to interpret the scale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back