• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Do you ever wish you could just delete your memories?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a good question, Tibergrace. I had to think about it for a little bit. I think I would only want to get rid of the most traumatic ones and simply change the memories to neutral or good ones. I know myself in that I would need to leave some of the bad ones, that were my doing, so that I would have a means in which to judge and learn how to live life better. But given a utopian world, all good things would be the norm. Gosh! If that were our reality we would all be normal!!!! Wouldn't that take the cake?! :laugh: In that case, I say, "Bring it on!!"

It was really hard to come up with strong positive memories for use as "happy place" memories in EMDR.
Perhaps this may seem off topic now, but my question is, why does your happy place have to be somewhere you've actually been?

Mine isn't. I'm encouraged to find something completely unrelated where I can retreat or escape to in my mind. A place where I feel safe and comforted. Probably doesn't exist...at least where I live, but it's not a place where I've actually been.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back