• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Poll Do You Grind Your Teeth?

Do You Grind Your Teeth?

• Yes

Votes: 121 69.1%
  • No

Votes: 18 10.3%
  • Apparently, though unaware

Votes: 36 20.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
voted unaware. dentist has to replace/repair fillings frequently, and hubs tells me i grind them in my sleep. clenching is a problem in the day.

I voted NO because I haven't grinded me teeth in years that I know of. I have however, and to an exaggerated degree, in the long past when I use to binge drink alcohol. I think during taking some different medications this caused me too, to grind my teeth, though the duration of taking those med's were always short-lived.

I grind my teeth and clench my jaw so bad that I actually broke a tooth off that had a root canel done on it years ago.

I didn't realize I was doing it until Hubs asked me once what that noise was. It was the squeak/crunch noise my teeth make when I clench then shift them. I do this constantly, especially if I'm angry.

I clench quite a bit but have to remind myself not to. I have two broken teeth right now as well.....never had a problem before my PTSD. I am afraid to go to the dentist due to the smothering feeling......something I definately have to work on.

I used to grind mine all night long. It would wake me up often enough (as a child). Several of my siblings do to. The teeth grinding ended when I was about 18 when I learned a meditation. I haven't heard that I do anymore and I haven't woken up doing it since then. I know that I do clench my teeth still.

Well, I said unaware - how are you aware if you are sleeping? - because my dentist told me.

Apparently it's not just my teeth, I've permanently damaged by jaw bone by grinding that too.

My dentist also said either 92% or 98% (I can't remember which) grind their teeth at some stage in their lives.

So basically everyone does it at some stage, it's just a matter of how often.

While I am sleeping, I continuously grind my teeth! I have been waking myself up the last couple of months, as with the times getting more difficult, my grinding has become more intense.

I used to have a nightguard years ago. But I put a hole in it with all the grinding I was doing. I would have had to get another one and it was too expensive and didn't work anyway.

nor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back