• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Poll Do You Grind Your Teeth?

Do You Grind Your Teeth?

• Yes

Votes: 121 69.1%
  • No

Votes: 18 10.3%
  • Apparently, though unaware

Votes: 36 20.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeap! I have caught myself doing it, but also my dentist noticed it do the wearing down and sensituvity to my. My jaw will sometimes pop and ache.

Yes. I grind my teeth mostly during the day. When I notice it, I know that something is goneing on that is very stressful around me. I guess it is a sort of like an early warning system before I disassociate or space out.

Yep... and my kids told me they could hear me at the other end of the house when I did it in my sleep! (I remember hearing my mother grind her teeth at night, too)

I'm allergic to laytex, so the guard didn't help much. Maybe I need one made out of something different... (nylon?) nothing else was available, though, and it has caused some serious dental problems. Which leads to money issues... which causes more anxiety... and teeth grinding... and clenching.... nasty circle.

I voted no because I'm pretty sure I'm only clenching my teeth and not grinding. I have no evidence of grinding and my husband hasn't reported anything to me, so I can safely assume I don't grind.

I've been grinding my teeth in my sleep ever since I was a young child. I was traumatized at age 4.

I clench my jaw almost always, and actually grind my teeth on occasion, especially while dreaming. I know I do this while dreaming because my teeth actually hurt when I wake up from a dream! I have TMJ because of it. I became aware of clenching my jaw in my teenage years. Now I often find myself clenching many different parts of my body including my jaw - like my hands, neck, back, shoulders, legs, feet, even my toes! If I force myself to relax, within minutes (or even seconds), I'm all clenched up again. I call it "being wound too tight", like a clock that has been wound too tight and won't unwind.

I have done it ever since I was a little tacker, now my teeth are so bad I need to get veneers, and I'm only 22. I don't like to smile because I'm so embarrassed about it. I need to save so much money to get them fixed, thousands of dollars which I just don't have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back