1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Do You Have Pets / Animal Companions?

Discussion in 'Polls' started by batgirl, Oct 30, 2007.

What Pets Do You Have?

1. Cats

180 vote(s)
    53.4%
  2. Dogs

194 vote(s)
    57.6%
  3. Small or Exotic Animals (rodents, rabbits, reptiles, fish, insects, etc)

62 vote(s)
    18.4%
  4. Indoor Birds (parrots, canaries, etc)

28 vote(s)
    8.3%
  5. Farm Birds (chickens, geese, turkeys, ducks, emus, etc)

11 vote(s)
    3.3%
  6. Farm Animals (cows, goats, sheep, pigs, horses, etc)

16 vote(s)
    4.7%
  7. Another animal not mentioned.

11 vote(s)
    3.3%
  8. I love animals but don't own any.

27 vote(s)
    8.0%
  9. I'm not a fan of pets so I don't own any animals.

3 vote(s)
    0.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. batgirl

batgirl I'm a VIP

I've read lots of people on here talking about their pets and animals, and how much comfort you derive from them, so I was just curious how many people have pets and what kinds. I have designed the poll so that you can vote in more than one category, as I realize some people have multiple pets. At our house we have 3 cats, a dog, and then since we are in the country, also sheep, goats, geese, turkeys and we are getting a rescue horse (a horse we are adopting that was mistreated) in 2 weeks !! OMG I am very excited about our new horse!

I think I listed every category of animal, but if you have something that doesn't fit a category, I would be very curious so please share what your pet is! I think having animals really helps with PTSD.

Viosinger, AS1975, Rain and 3 others like this.
  2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. nie

nie Wishing for wings to fly. Premium Member Donated

I have a Jack Russell Terrier - he is cute and full of love.

4. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

LOL everyone knows about my Cougie and I couldn't get by without her!

bec

5. nor

nor Well-Known Member

If it were up to my Carin Terrier, she doesn't consider herself a dog (and I don't think we do either. lol)

nor

6. Kathy

Kathy I'm a VIP

Evie (batgirl) has already voted for our family, we are definitely animal lovers! Though I will add, since everyone else is mentioning their dog's breed, our puppy Mate is an Australian Kelpie. An amusing thing about Mate is, he adores red globe grapes. Not green or blue grapes, they must be the red globe variety! He has also been stealing my fresh baked cookies whenever he gets a chance!

7. Marlene

Marlene I'm a VIP Premium Member

Dog, cat, tank of fish, snake and some rats. They rats were supposed to be food for Pookie (snake...don't ask!), but my daughter named them and figured out that if you name food it stops being food. Now they are pets.

Lisa

8. hodge

hodge I'm a VIP Premium Member

We are total animal lovers! One dog and two cats. Our dog and one of our cats are rescued. I think they definitely help my ptsd, even when my kitten annoys me, lol.

9. Claire

Claire Well-Known Member

Wooof, woof, woof!

AS1975 and SweetPeaandSunBird like this.
  10. ovation228

ovation228 Member

I don't know how I would deal without my two pomeranians. They're almost always happy and extremely loving. They are crazy and make me laugh.

11. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

Well, I think almost everyone knows I have a house chicken, Opal :) Then my Great Pyrenees Ellie who has lasted longer than my last three marriages LOL. She helped me through those and is extremely old.

Cookie my big mutt who thinks she has to be my shadow and is overly protective of me. She is my angel when sick and is either at my feet, curled up on the sofa, or in bed with me.

And we have the cats. Harley who is young but never grew to the size of a full grown cat, though an adult still looks "kittenish". She is inbred I am pretty sure, she just ain't right. But the most lovable thing you would ever meet and follows every where so she is another shadow.

June, which is my hubby's cat even if he denies it. She is all over him and follows him while she refuses to have a thing to do with the rest of the house.

Last but not least, Precious. He is anything but precious. He is a very vile and mean cat. I keep him as no one would have him! He was severely abused when we found him and had to have extensive work and surgeries to fix him. I assume that is why he is so mean. He is nice enough to us long as we do not try to pick him up. It is very funny to see him walk through the room and the other animals will part like the waters so he has a very clear and wide path and he just strolls like nothing going on...

Ace Ventura likes this.
  12. batgirl

batgirl I'm a VIP

Veiled, I hope this doesn't sound like a really weirdo question, but does Opal wear a diaper? I'm asking because this lady on one of my autism forums has pet chickens in her house and they wear diapers!! She lets them run all over the house though. I thought it was so funny, and I was wondering if that's what everyone did with their pet chickens.

13. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

My mum never allowed anything more than guinea pigs and stick insects as a child, but I love animals and would love dogs and some chinchilla's!!

permban0034 likes this.