• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Poll Do You Have Pets / Animal Companions?

What Pets Do You Have?

• Cats

Votes: 180 53.1%
  • Dogs

Votes: 195 57.5%
  • Small or Exotic Animals (rodents, rabbits, reptiles, fish, insects, etc)

Votes: 62 18.3%
  • Indoor Birds (parrots, canaries, etc)

Votes: 29 8.6%
  • Farm Birds (chickens, geese, turkeys, ducks, emus, etc)

Votes: 11 3.2%
  • Farm Animals (cows, goats, sheep, pigs, horses, etc)

Votes: 16 4.7%
  • Another animal not mentioned.

Votes: 11 3.2%
  • I love animals but don't own any.

Votes: 27 8.0%
  • I'm not a fan of pets so I don't own any animals.

Votes: 3 0.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 2 dogs.

Madison is a Rottweiler- Hound mix. Beautiful dog and very sweet. She loves sitting on laps and is generally just a major cuddler.

Frankie is a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever-Chow mix. I adopted him when he was 10 months old and he holds a very special place in my heart. He has kept me sane when I'm in crisis, helps me feel completely safe when we walk at night. He is frustratingly smart and hardly a day goes by when he doesn't make me laugh.

I have had more thne one person say that if there si reincarnation they want o come back as one of my dogs. I admit their spoiled rotten, but are als owell behaved, so it's okay.

Alrightey, we (my son, my fiancee and me) own 5 rabbits, one dog, 3 snakes and 6 horses =)
The rabbits and horses are all rescued from being killed or from some place where they were treated bad.

We love animals a lot =)

I have a dog, Dakota, a 15 year old border collie/black lab mix. Two cats, Stormy 14 year old and Precious 13 years old. Stormy has been diagnosed with feline diabeties in May and just last week diagnosed with a abnomal heart rhythm. *sighs* And a red eared slider turtle, found her in the driveway about 5 years ago, she looked to be about a year old. I live in the north east so she's not native to here, which is why I kept her. My husband named her Teddy and still to this day insists that she is a male but I know better since I do the research on keeping her.

I love animals and would have more if I could. I've been lately telling myself that I made the mistake of feeling like they are my children since I dont have any. Now that they are old and getting colse to that time....it hurts and is gonna hurt really bad. But yet then I tell myself at least they were loved unconditionaly. Some examples...when Dakota was a pup he was so bad chewing things up like my husbands hats, he even ate half of a 20 dollar bill, he chewed my sisters reading glasses...and even in his adult life I went thru so many sheets for my bed because when we would leave and he was home alone he would get on the bed and dig ripping the sheets I sill loved him. Now that he's old and he has a bit of arthritis he cant jump up on the bed so no more ripped sheets. I always thought he was mad for leaving him alone but now that he has a orthopedic bed I see him dig it before laying down and now I know he just does it instinctualy. I know Im bias but he turned out to be a really good dog, all the dogs in the neighborhood will start barking and he will just sit there an listen, he always comes when called and does what told to do, only chases the cats when they are being bad hehe. And recently before Stormy was diagnosed with diabeties she was peeing outside the litter box...and still does sometimes letting me know when she dont feel good. I still love her. And Precious digs anything wood...should see my window sills....hehe and my husbands boots...but I still love her. My husband just recently said while we were discussing Stormy being sick, that after these were not getting anymore because we get too attatched, but I cant imagine life without.

Four years ago I was raped and I can still to this day see Dakota running upstairs while it was happing. And afterward he went thru a depression, he would not eat and was just not acting right. I even got mad at him for not helping me which I still feel so guilty for being mad at him. And I can remember when I was in court testifying and the defense lawyer asked dont you have a dog? What did it do? Didn't it bark? And I said no, and got a 'Please just answer the questions' from the judge, for adding 'But my next dog will'

Ah well...like I said I can not imagine life without them.

Took Stormy to vet for x-rays three days ago, vet said she had a mass on her liver and she had fluid around her lungs, which is why she was breathing heavy. They gave me predizone (sp?). Last night she went down hill really fast, and was crying out as if in pain so...I rushed her to the vet and ended up putting her to sleep. She died in my arms around 9:30 PM.

Sorry to hear it, White Willow. Try to breathe and maybe remember some good memories of your pup...

I have a cat, and an alien in a catsuit. It is hard to believe that Lupish is actually a cat, because he doesn't act like one at all.

His favourite foods are as follows:
Olives-he likes all kinds of olives, but his favourite is party olives.
Mango
Watermelon
Asian Pear
Canned Corn
Skinned Grapes
Berries
He loves steak as well, but a choice between it, and the stuff mentioned above, steak would be second everytime.

Actually, I can't think of a veggie he doesn't like, and if I don't share, he grabs it from me with his massive paws. I could have killed him for doing that one day when I was testing wedding cakes. He really liked the Key Lime one, and I didn't even get to taste it. *pouts*

His full name is Lupish The Tipsy, but he goes by
Lupish, Lou, Lou Bucket, Mr. Tipsy, Bubby, Bub, My Love, and Asshole (last one is hubby's name for him, though I think he loves Lupish more than I do) Lately I call him Bub or Bubby the most

Then we have Zaira, she is a cat, without a doubt. The funniest one I have ever met for sure. You haven't seen funny till you see how distressed she gets when we give Lupish his fav foods, we always offer her some, but she is convinced we're pulling one over on her, because she wouldn't put a veggie in her mouth if it were the last food in the world. She can't believe he would eat it either. She thinks we're giving him something better, and she's missing out.

She is way too immature for the name Tariq gave her (which means Rose, in Arabic), so we call her Zeezee, but she also comes to Bee Beep, and Stupid (which is Tariq's name for her).
They really are my kids, and you can't tell how much I love them, can you?

I have two dogs, 3 cats, and a 120 gallon freshwater fish tank. When I feel bad all the animals have been helpful to me at one time or another, even my fish. I have an Oscar who's about a foot long and whenever I walk by the tank he follows me. My dogs are usually the best. they are very intuitive to my moods, and comfort me as much as they can.

We have a mousery-basically lots of fancy mice
We really would love a dog, I think it'd do me the world of good during lonely days and get me out of the house more aswell as giving me comfort and helping me out, but we rent and are not allowed animals other than the mice unfortunately

I have recently acquired two cocker spaniel pups. They have been such a blessing, their affection and dedication and companionship is amazing therapy. When I am dissociating, they bring me back, when I am emotionally overwhelmed they bring me down, when i am in no mood to be fun, they coax me into a game .... they are my beloveds - two little angels sent to light my way.

We have 2 dogs (both handicapped and lovable as can be)
I have 1 cat
My son has 2 cats
My daughter has 1 cat
(and yes we all live in harmony in the same household - well at least the animals do - LOL).

Seriously, though - somehow they all know when anyone in the house needs some special attention. It's great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back