• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Poll Do You Have Tinnitus?

Do you have tinnitus?

• No.

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • Yes, occasionally.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • Yes, often,

Votes: 16 19.8%
  • Yes, basically non stop

Votes: 38 46.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please only sufferes may take the quiz. Im wanting to know if theres a correlation between ptsd and tinnitus.

For those who dont know, tinnitus is a ringing, humming, or roaring tone in your ear. It can be caused by ear or brain injury, sometimes theres no cause.

Ive had constant ringing in my ears for as long as i can remember, and i dont recall ever having an ear injury to both ears. Ive also endured abuse for as long as i can remember, so im starting to wonder if its a coincidence or not. What are your thoughts on the possible correlation?

Yep. Comes & goes.

I've never been blown up, but I've been next to shit that's gotten blown up a little to frequently. LMAO. In fact, one of the few pure childlike temper tantrums I've ever thrown had to do with that shit. I was pissed. It would be embarrassing if it weren't so damn funny. I've also been suddenly submerged a little too deep too fast, done all kinds of no-pressure flying, less thrust, more rock. Gotten my bell rung more times than I can count. (So at least more than 3 ;)). IDK how many concussions. & 1 skull fracture. That I know of. Fortunately Ive got a really hard head. Lots of facial fractures. And then there's the engine noise, shooting indoors, and dancing on &/or in front of really, really big speakers. So, really, that I can hear at all is pretty awesome.

T says when the Vesovegal goes wonky, it triggers my tinnitus. In fact we use the ringing as a bara...
OMG!!! YES THAT'S ME TOO!! I NEVER REALISED IT BEFORE!! When I'm about to dissociate and go off into la-la land my tinnitus becomes DEAFENING!! Maybe it's just all I can sense? The weird thing is sometimes it's so loud that even if people are talking to me and trying to bring me back to the present, I can't actually hear them and I need them to gently touch me.

Do you get that too, Crow?

Oh and in answer to the trauma part of it. I never had tinnitus till I was 12 and was hit by a speeding car. Before then, I was sexually and emotionally abused, but it didn't start till after then.

I also have restless leg syndrome too - neurological condition.

I am a messed up little puppy!! ;-D

I have a constant sound of various tones happening. Sometimes quite noticeable, sometimes super loud and rather distracting, other times not noticeable at all until the frequency fluctuates.

I had the shit knocked out of me many times during domestic violence scenarios, fell off the hood of a jacked up pick-up truck while drunk as hell from wild turkey in my very early twenties, busting my head open on the front right side near my temple, but no one sober enough to take me for medical help, many years of jamming in front of the big speakers at all the concerts I attended, and working at a facility for over 13 years with loud ass fire alarms that we had to be immersed in bi-monthly for fire drills.

In spite of all of that, I still seem to have the ability to hear things most don't, though. (along with most all of my other senses being highly tuned in) Although one day last week, I woke with one of my ears totally stopped up and couldn't hear out of it. I've never dealt with ear infections and such, but was told that was likely what it was. It went away the next day.

24/7/52. For probably 30+yrs. never stops. I don't always notice it though. But just reading this, it's so f*cking loud, I need to turn the volume up on the TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back