• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

DID Do you hear voices in your head?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is an international movement for people who hear voices.

It began with a group in the Netherlands called "Resonance" which was started by two psychiatrists
it seeks to de stigmatise and end the false medicalization of something that is a normal experience for about 10% of the population.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hearing_Voices_Movement

At least up until the 1970s being LGBT was officially considered mental illness. Just because it was in a book didn't mean it was really so.

@Heather I hate it! :mad: Years (15 +/-) ago I was on Haldol then nothing then Risperdal too. Now I just deal with the whispers. Cogentin help lessen them but not stop them.I have the movements everywhere. Face, neck, hands, legs.:hug:. :banghead:

I hear voices inside. People. The peanut gallery...

I also have a DX of DID-NOS...an unofficial one, from a a LCSW who counseled me off and on for a long while. Two times they took over when I was an adult? When the abuse was occurring they took over a lot more.

...I have not got human bodies buried anywhere.

At one point I had auditory hallucinations of old sitcom theme songs...Sanford and Son. Good Times. I heard ( and directed! ) splashy jazz!
One time the music went off the " air " with the call sign, in 4-part harmony: "K-L-S-Deee!":hilarious:

Oh yeah.:whistling:

Don't get too worried.

Some seizure states, I get quite beautiful melodies, otherwise not much, flashbacks I'm good placing what they were, usually.

I'm just not that tempted to act on them. Most often I just deal by getting angry, cussing them out, and telling them to shut the f*ck up. That settles the matters.

I hear voices outside my head on a fairly regular basis. It's always coming from the stairway and always one of two men's voices, both past abusers. And it makes sense because both of them would call up to me when they were on the stairway in our old houses. When I was taking Latuda, I was spared this, but my clinic ran out of samples and because I don't have the right diagnosis, it's not covered by my insurance. And it is wicked expensive.

I also often hear other voices when I wake up in the middle of the night coming from downstairs. I have no idea what's up with that. I've just gotten used to it. And they go away after a couple minutes.

They can be intollerable.

I have tinnitus and hearing loss. For the last 4-5 yrs I hear music playing, but cannot tell if it is real or not. The songs are extremely varied, nothing I have ever heard before. I hear them so clearly I could orchestrate the band and feed the lines to the singer. Most of the time it doesn’t bother me, but several times a month I lose it, shutting every house noise off, searching for the music in the surrounding neighborhood.

It is better now that I am in a relationship. He always kindly assures me there is no music, but sometimes I think he is losing his hearing and just doesn’t hear as well as me ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back