• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Poll Do You Like Competition?

Do You Like Competition?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

falling_wave

MyPTSD Pro
Personally, I hate it. It doesn't matter how many people are having fun around me, I get tired and tune out. I think it has something to do with the stress and not being able to have control of my environment. I'm wondering if that's just me or its common among us.

I was going to click on "at times" and then I questioned that enough to say to myself, "Really? Like when???"

So I voted I hate it. It always gives kids the chance to pick on you for their teams last, because you cannot hit a ball with a bat, or whatever. So I'm clumsy! So what!!! I bet there are things I can do that they can't, but I never rubbed their noses in these. Like I can draw and paint. I was the geek kinda kid, ya know?

What arena of competition. Best pasta? Biscotti? or big game hunting. Can't answer. No context. How many raw turnips can you eat and why would you want to win. :devilish::devilish: (reading M Twain)

I love it. It was probably the one thing that saved my life.

When I was younger and quite by accident I discovered I was good at sports, and good at team competitions. Discovering this brought out the best in me, introduced me to myself, brought out someone in me that I liked and helped me develop boundaries, value(s) and ethics that are still with me today.

The type of competition I liked and still do (is) was well organized and at the city/provincial levels not the school stuff where kids were the last picked or ganged up on others for 'making' them lose.

Depends the goal of the competition and company. Really isn't about competition itself.

Getting better at anything I'm doing? Getting better in group? Hell yeah.

Edited to add: I've been a kid coming on many teams last and making sure they won't want to get rid of me and / or if they do and I don't, they won't be able. One awesome thing for life games taught me.

Link RemovedWhat arena of competition

I guess I was personally referencing team building games. I am fine with competition I set for myself. It's just when I am being forced to participate in games that have something I'm not good at or uninterested in and being put under pressure to represent my team. I can't stand it! I'd rather be cleaning bathrooms. Lol Also in these settings I have no desire to win. I just the pressure on me for not wanting it or trying hard. In my own goals I set super high standards and rarely give up.

Where is the option for hate it a passion? Hated it since I was a kid. School is so full of competition. P.E. and sports, classroom games and contests, even fundraisers are turned into a competition. I think competition should be called 'How to Turn a Kid into an Insecure Basket Case 101.'

I absolutely hate being in competition with others. I can't understand the need to be better than others and used to get frustrated with myself for not caring about it.....everyone else seemed to get excited about it and I was like so what? I also detest being the centre of attention when I have been the winner and hate the fuss, so spent most of my adult life staying away from competitions.

On the other hand, I love being in competition with myself....I can and will push myself to the limits to beat my previous time/ achievement. This part of me really does help with my Ptsd.

I do not care to be in competition with others unless it is all for fun or a greater good.. Card game, fund raising, steps recorded on a Fitbit, etc.

As a child I hated it with a passion. I was good at some sports so my teachers were constantly trying to push me into competitions but the minute they did I found the pressure just too much and ended up hating everything to do with them.

Nowadays I feel a bit different. There's a certain amount of healthy competition at work than I thrive on. I still wouldn't chose to enter a competition just because, but I can handle some natural rivalry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back