1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Do You Like Sunlight?

Discussion in 'Polls' started by batgirl, Oct 5, 2007.

Do You Like Sunlight?

1. Yes I love the sun. It energizes me. Cloudy days make me depressed.

66 vote(s)
    36.3%
  2. I like a mix of sun and clouds, but prefer more sunny days.

45 vote(s)
    24.7%
  3. I like a mix of sun and clouds, but prefer more cloudy days.

29 vote(s)
    15.9%
  4. No I hate the sun, it drains me. Cloudy days energize me.

42 vote(s)
    23.1%
  1. batgirl

batgirl I'm a VIP

I don't. I hate it in fact. I don't have any problem with artificial light in the house, but when the sun is shining and there are no clouds in the sky it seriously bothers me. I'm always wishing for rain. It feels too bright, and when I go outside it feels kind of "oppressive". I don't really know how else to describe it. I get tired very easily in the sun, even in cool weather. I always have to wear really dark glasses too because my eyes can't tolerate the brightness. It's especially bad if it's hot out because I don't tolerate heat well either, but I find I can tolerate heat much better if there is no sun. My favourite weather is cool, about 10-12 C (about 55 F) and overcast, no visible sunlight. I feel so energetic when the weather is like that.

Anyhow, just wondering how other people react to the sun, and if anyone prefers rain and clouds like I do.

Incendiu likes this.
  2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Marlene

Marlene I'm a VIP Premium Member

Growing up and living in sunny climates might have something to do with how I feel about the sun. If I don't see the sun for a day or so, I start to feel draggy and depressed. Where you can't tolerate heat, I can't tolerate cold. The two winters I spent in northern Germany were the longest of my life.

Funny though...I'm very light sensitive. I wear sunglasses even when it's overcast. Being this far south, the sunlight is very strong and there's a glare even with clouds.

Lisa

4. batgirl

batgirl I'm a VIP

Oh okay, that kind of makes a little bit more sense to me, what you say about Germany, because as you know I was born at Osnabruck and lived in Germany and Scotland (both lots of clouds) until I was close to 10 years old... then 2 years in Ireland as a teenager, also cloudy... and Newfoundland is quite cold and dreary too. So maybe what you've grown up with makes a difference. I just know I feel weird because most people say they like the sun and heat. Or maybe it's hereditary. Dad (Jim) likes it overcast too.

5. nie

nie Wishing for wings to fly. Premium Member Donated

I like the sun, but not the heat. I would prefer it to be cool, but I want the sun light. I do not do well with the clouds. My dad is the same way, so perhaps there is something to heredity. He moved to Phoenix, AZ where there is almost no rain. However, he likes the heat. Anyway . . .

6. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

I voted no... however, whilst I find the sun depresses me somehow, it is heat that really gets to me to an extreme extent. Cold I can cope with.... heat.... no, stay away from me when I'm hot!

7. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

I voted for a mix of sun and clouds, preferring cloudy days. I'm very light sensitive and even when it's cloudy and dark I need to wear sunglasses. I get migraines all the time from the sun and hate it when its over 75 degrees out.

I really like rainy weather. It's my favorite.

bec

8. kers

kers I'm a VIP

I like sunny (but cool) weather. I find that overcast weather doesn't put me in a dark mood, but it doesn't really contribute to a good mood for me, either. A bike ride on a suny day definitely cheers me.

9. Claire

Claire Well-Known Member

I like the rain too, its my favourite running weather. Guess its a good job I live in England!

10. She Cat

She Cat I'm a VIP Premium Member

I love the sun.....I love the way it feels on my skin..... I used to be a sun worshiper, but due to scares of Melanoma (my best friend has it) I now stay out of the sun as much as possible. There was a time though that I would lay in the sun for hours....

Dark, cloudy days depress me.

11. resurrection

resurrection Member

Im from Scotland , what is this "sun" you talk of.

J.C. likes this.
  12. Kathy

Kathy I'm a VIP

Very funny, resurrection! Scotland and Newfoundland seem to share a similar climate. I voted for mix of sun and clouds but prefer clouds. I do like to see the sun sometimes, but much prefer the rain, and nothing above 25 C for temperature. Most of our family are rainy/cloudy people, I surmise likely due to a combination of genetics and living on the island of Newfoundland for 400 years, and UK/Ireland prior to that.

13. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Voted for hate the sun. Like father, like daughter. ;-)

Jim.