• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Poll Do You Like Sunlight?

Do You Like Sunlight?

• Yes I love the sun. It energizes me. Cloudy days make me depressed.

Votes: 66 36.1%
  • I like a mix of sun and clouds, but prefer more sunny days.

Votes: 46 25.1%
  • I like a mix of sun and clouds, but prefer more cloudy days.

Votes: 29 15.8%
  • No I hate the sun, it drains me. Cloudy days energize me.

Votes: 42 23.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
For so long, years ago, I felt like I couldn't 'exist' in the daylight. I felt like I was only at home in the darkest of nightfall. Being out in the daylight, well, it just sort of felt like that was just too good for me.

I must say I've changed. I feel a tiny bit of hope when the sun is out and I don't feel like a vampire when I'm out in it.

I live on the west side of the Pacific Northwest. Long story short, rain forest and cloud cover 90% of the year. I'm having a hard time. Hard time. Can't wait to gtf out of here to the east side where you can see blue sky. I'm sick, totally sick of this rain and cloud cover. Like I'm in a cave day after day after day.

I love cloudy weather - it's perfect for photography and I don't feel like I'm burning and blinded all the time. Unfortunately, I live in the desert, so I spend most my time hiding from the sun. In the heat of summer, I wear a thin sweater when I go out because it hurts my skin so much. If we could have some really good thunder and lightning storms like is happening elsewhere right now, I would be so energized you could consider it mania.

Autumn is my favourite season. All the others are too light. I prefer night to day, too.
I love clouds and drizzly rain and mist and cold winds.
I should really live closer to the polar circle.

I'm a fan of the sun myself. Like any other person though I think I prefer a mix. One thing I do not like very much is artificial lighting but I don't know why.

The strange thing is the sun loves me I tan very quickly but I hate it. It affects me in a way I don't like a whole lot. I also tend to be more angry with people.

For a long time I felt like I could only come out at night. Like I was a vampire or something. I didn't feel comfortable with the light on me.

Very dark, like I didn't deserve the light.

Can't stand the sun..but if I have to I have to. My eyes hurt, tears falling and my skin will be burnt in 15 min. Get rashes and no.. I think my body and mind is allergic to the sun. :barefoot:

That is so sad to hear, Incendiu, but I understand it. Also, you do look very pale skinned. But, in 1974 I knew I had to keep the sun in my life even though the tears fell, and people were laughing, smiling, carrying on with their normal routine of living while I was burying my husband on this bright, sunny day - I harbored resentment at their ignorance for such a wicked tragedy my family now would endure... just endure. That's not good enough for me... I'd rather fight this pain with a vengeance and keep my smile - it's easier on the face - less frown lines and I am bit vain. Haha...

Yes I have a pail skin, and my origional blond tone have a tiny stroke of red in it. My eyes are also whery light green that turn to yellow. Not made for the sun :alien:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back