1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Do You Log Your Dreams?

Discussion in 'Polls' started by nie, Sep 23, 2007.

Do you log your dreams?

1. Yes, and I am currently logging.

14.8%
  2. Yes, but I am not currently logging.

11.1%
  3. Sometimes but not always.

18.5%
  4. No.

55.6%
  1. nie

nie Wishing for wings to fly. Premium Member Donated

I have never logged my dreams. However, I had a friend tell me that I should write down what I dream about, good or bad, as soon as I wake. Then, come back to it later and see if I can reflect on what it may have meant or what happened in the dream. I was wondering what others thought about this idea.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. -m1-

-m1- Member

I have started logging mine... particularly the really bizarre and violent ones. If I can't sort them out I discuss them with my therapist and she usually has excellent insight in "interpreting" them when I can't.

m1

4. Seeking_Nirvana

Seeking_Nirvana I'm a VIP

I can interpret dreams. I belong to three dream forums and I've been doing this for over two years.

Once I started doing this my nightmares slowed down, and eventually stopped for 3 months. They came back, but I'm working on getting them calmed down again through interpretation.

Dream work has helped me get some confidence back, learn about boundries, and understand that the dreams are not here to hurt me but to help me (yes even the bad ones).

I've studied some of Carol Jungs theories and he was able to help Vietnam Vets calm their nightmares down. I believe dream work will help a person who has PTSD. I will be glad to help anyone with this, or interpret a dream.

Tammy

5. erryyn

erryyn Member

I didn't for many years then decided I should give it a try. I didn't care for it as my dreams are extremely graphic, realistic, and violent. I still have some of them written down but I don't plan to do so again until I have a good dream. And as weird as it is, I've never had a good dream. Is now the time to mention I'm an insomniac? lol (It's true but I have to laugh at it)

6. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

I used to... at the moment I haven't for a while, but that's because they are relentlessly every night, and i'm hoping by working on other stuff that they will go away.

7. Claire

Claire Well-Known Member

I do, I can usually work them out when I write them out. They make sense and sometimes it takes some of the power out of them. I could write a book with the number I have!