• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Poll Do You See An End To The Symptoms In Your Life?

Do You See an End to the Symptoms in Your Life?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe on a stronger day I would vote "yes," but on days like today, I feel like the realistic answer is "no." Realistically, I am probably going to be struggling with this 'til the end. I'm not happy about it, but it's what I've been dealt, I guess.

Bailey

Not in the cards. PTSD is a brain chemical/neuro-pathway permanent change. I some ways, my symptoms have got worse, much worse over the years.

Managing the symptom's, especially anger and irritability, and destructive outburst meaning to take myself away from the precipitators. I've learned that if I push myself beyond a certain point, and feel that feeling that something bad will happen. I'll throw something, break something, end up cursing, put the old fist through the wall, rip the cabinet door off . . . whatever.

I don't go out of the house except to get meds or to the Dr every once and awhile. I'd go out more but I cannot tolerate cities and I live in one. My body has got so fatigued from the insomnia, and continually fighting to be productive even when dealing with all the bad stuff PTSD brings with it . . . nightmares, lack of trust, depression, lack of intimacy, fear of intimacy, no friends, trouble thinking straight, trouble making the right decision, disassociating, anger, hostility, lack of trust . . .oh ya I said that, all those things take a toll on us PTSD'ers. Ultimately, or so my therapist tells me, organ systems, and the body as a whole starts to wear out. Thus, now I am chronically fatigued almost all the time.

Before the CFS I used to get a break by getting in my car and driving up into the mountains. Now I don't have the energy to do it. Bad stuff there, eh. I had great plans for retirement . . . build stuff, go places, maybe go back to University, write. I sit in my room, read, play computer games, give my money to good causes and try and help people by writing stuff on forums like this.

Often, when I've been feeling not horrible, I've entertained thoughts of volunteering to help someone somewhere. Volunteer counseling, psych. nursing, whatever. Then when I can't even fill out a form for a training course I realize how impossible it is. I've been invited by friends to teach at Christian home schooling in history 'cause I've read so much of it. I would have loved to do that. But I knew that with feeling okay one day and then sick for a week I never could have done it.

I bought a collection of readings of the New Testament, and listen to them. So I am learning it. I've listened to it so many times I could tell you if Christ performed this miracle or that, what the Pool of Bethesda is, the parable or the wheat field, what and where Jacob's well is, how many generations there were before the Jews went into captivity in Babylon, how many generations, they were there, how many generations they were in Egypt, and how many, after Moses lead them to freedom . . . that's easy, 14 generations for each one. I can tell you when Paul was converted from the persecution of the Christians, how, why, what he saw . . . how many of the original twelve apostles survived to die of natural causes . . . one. John.

I could almost quote what John the Baptist said when the Pharisee came to him to inquire if he were the Messiah. And what he told them when they asked that if he were not the Messiah what were his preachings. "A voice in the wilderness, crying out. Make straight the path of the Lord."

It is good enough, then, that I learn the Word . . . the most beautiful words I know to be written are those that begin John . . . and I would think so even if I were not a believer.
Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Joh 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.
Joh 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
Joh 1:4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
Joh 1:5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

I've also learned that most people are very confused and don't know what the bible teaches, why people deny Him, that as a historical document it is the most reliable history of the age. Even the Greek historians are nothing compared to the accuracy of the New Testament. I've read them. I know. I've learned that the Bible is seen by many as myth. Not so. The New Testament is the writing of testimony, just what it says . . . the witness of every day common folk . . . no nonsense folk, just like you and I, who saw stuff never seen before . . . not myth not superstition . . . superstition, in the sense we know it started hundreds of years later. No ghost, goblins, etc.

But belief is not the subject of this thread so I beg your forgiveness for rambling . . . as I do ramble so.

I know God has brought me this far, he didnt do it to drop me on my head.....I believe He wants me to live a happy and full life. The PTSD will teach me to care about me more and grow spiritually as I do not want to live life like it has been.
I agree.. PTSD is very hard to live with, and it is very hard to even see getting past it all. But I know that God is always with me, and will work this bad into good for me. He will never leave me or forsake me, there is something from this that I am to learn and share.

Yes, it has got to get better! I survived and will survive again. Got full-blown down to not so full blown... onwards and upwards.

nope. I just try to see it coming and get to shelter before the storm. This last time, I didn't quite make it. Fotunately, someone rescued me at the last moment.

My intrusive thoughts are gone. I'm sleeping well now. I'm feeling more peaceful...........but when I'm stressed or triggered, watch out........the rages, the urge to hurt myself or others, the intense anxiety, fear of going outside my home, fear of people, rages, especially the rage.

I have multiple traumas and have gone through tremendous harassment and disrespect from people. I seem to do best alone. I'm glad some of the symptoms are gone for now, especially the insomnia. But then something happens out in the world........and I'm off to the races. I scare myself sometimes.

I voted no. My T thinks it's curable. I'd like to believe her, but I can feel the difference in my brain. It's definately a brain injury. Don't know if that can be cured, perhaps managed..........which for me means a lot of isolation.

It gets better but never gone!

I have gone months (6) without symptoms and then WHAM! I do believe the symptoms are manageable now but they do exist. My triggers do still exist but most can be avoided. It really depends on the status of other disorders such as my anxiety level and depression. If they are peaking so will the PTSD. It's kind of like which comes first the chicken or the egg.

An end to my symptoms is not something I see as an option for me. Since the cause of my condition is unknown, the triggers are not clear. Because of this I never know when I will be triggered or how strong the triggers will be or how long they will last.

With therapy and medications I m better able to manage my life, but an End of all this, No! They will never end

Bahahaha. I believe it gets better with time and learning coping mechanisms and changing diet and exercising--but there are way too many issues...

It gets bettter and manageable and depending what is going on in your personal life may exacerbate symptoms too. I find that the more calm I try and keep things and the quieter I am , alone. (other than my son) and he brings the anxiety to an all time level sometimes. I find though...not curable, manageable. Especially when there is scientific proof btween a PTSD MRI and one of an individual that does not have PTSD. That is a medically proven fact. That is why some of us get better with the meds it enables to brain to get the vital medicine it needs to keep all the lobes functioning. The ones it is lacking due to the severe impact the trauma did to that area and usually memory and thoughts, cognition, inability to focus, not settle, not sleep, be hypergigilent is because the brain is lacking things. This can be helped with meds..meds and therapy, meds alone. cbt, emdr. There are alot of treatments to make this liveable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back