• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Poll Do You Shake?

Please select what types of shaking you have and what diagnosis.

• I shake externally?

Votes: 129 75.4%
  • I shake internally?

Votes: 92 53.8%
  • I have PTSD?

Votes: 81 47.4%
  • I have Complex PTSD?

Votes: 77 45.0%
  • I don't have the shakes?

Votes: 6 3.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I just voted. I shake internally only, and I don't have complex PTSD. My diagnosis is severe chronic. The only time I shake externally is when I'm cold or ill.

Hmm well I need to modify my original response, last night I was having nightmares and when I woke up/half woke up I was shaking externally, more than once in the night actually. I don't recall that ever happening to me before, but it was quite pronounced last night.

I shake, externally, usually after a very upsetting memory and often during the entirety of my counselling sessions. I keep hoping that part will let up but there's no end in sight.

Can someone explain the concept of "shaking internally"?

I described it above as a shake that won't come out. You feel it in you and your body feels it, but no showing... Hard to explain if you have not felt it.

Ugh well I've been having a LOT of shaking lately. Ever since my uncle went to Borden for a week. Now when I wake up from nightmares I am frequently shaking, it lasts a long time, and sometimes the shaking is so severe that it almost physically hurts. I've not sure why this occurring now, and not previously. Unless I just wasn't aware of my shaking before? But that seems kind of odd.

I've not sure why this occurring now, and not previously.

I beg to differ my dear. Believe you do know why it is occurring now and not previous. Remember what we discussed yesterday evening? Think about it.

Uncle Jim.

I get both depending on the situation and if I can control it enough. When I'm in a crowd I tend to shake internally to not attract attention, but when I'm allone or with someone I trust I shake externally and sometimes it is so bad that I can't even draw. I hate when I get into that state because I want so badly to draw something, but my hands would not stop shaking. In the end I actually incorperated shaking into my style of art, oddly enough. *shrugs*

jaa ne

Kat

Yeah I describe internal shaking as when everything feels like shaking jelly inside. Its like all my bones and organs are rattling, but it's not quite making the visible thing yet. I think it's more of a psychological thing? So it sure feels physical at the time. Eventually with me, I have noticed it eventually becomes external shaking.

I don't know what complex PTSD is. My insides are so convoluted I don't know which 'issue' to deal with at any given time. I wish I was a goose and could wake up in a new world every day.
I didn't know I had the shakes until a friend pointed it out to me. I know my innards tremble when I think about things. I know sometimes I can't think and I shake my head a lot to make myself pay attention, or to make myself stop thinking of or seeing certain things. I wait until I'm shakey before I remember to eat.
It must be like hypothermia. The shaking lets you know you still have a chance to save yourself? But at least with that, all it takes is getting warm again. Wish this could be that simple.

I have PTSD. I shake internally and externally. Internally when I am suppressing and externally when I am am not suppressing. I shake out of fear when immediate emotional threat is present. I also shake when I am exhausted and my resources are low - then I just have to get to bed quickly or I become a shaking, slobbering, teary mess.

I Have CPTSD and I shake from anxiety and fear. When I am in a situation where I have to stand up for myself I shake uncontrollably but It's not as bad as it used to be.

Hey JPS, I also shake my head to stop the images and thoughts from invading! Damn, I hate that when it happens and people around me think I'm nuts.
- feel like a head banger sometimes :)

I watched Anthony's video on CPTSD. I don't feel qualified to apply it to myself, but I think it's more than just a possibility. I'll try to get my 'events' in order and put them on here soon.
Now, THAT makes me shake! I'm shaking my head again, here........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back