• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Do you take care to look presentable and nice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a uniform for work, so that makes it easier. I make a point to shower, smell nice and put my hair in a tight bun. Some days when I'm really on my game I'll tuck my shirt in and wear a sharpie on my shirt (line cook). On my days off I'm usually in sweats all day, lol.

It's a must that I take a shower every single morning. In fact it's the first thing I do I jump out of bed and head right to the shower and brush my teeth while taking a shower. I think part of it is hating to feel dirty after going weeks with out showers overseas. I have to feel clean. Even though when you have a bearded thats not exactly trimmed neat I think people just assume you don't take care of yourself lol. But I always smell fresh. :)

Not one bit!

I wear PJs for days if I am off work. And they aren't PJs but an old shirt with holes and a sweat pants. I dress for comfort. Jeans and t shirt. No makeup. I am an all over country girl. I brush my hair, obviously, but do not style it.

I do not take care of my looks in the least nor do I care to. If you want me to put an inch of makeup on and style my hair just right then you don't need to be in my life!

Back on the control mode:

Bought some stuff to build up the enteric flora, cleaning the intestines, 2 teaspoons of black cumin oil, flaxseed, almonds in the mornings. The inner/outer control to look good. I think I over Do. I just can't bear looking shitty outside when I feel like crap at times. I need that Ego boost, and also to show off.

The more I control the less I have to worry about falling apart.

I have my entire summer wardrobe.. Which includes 4 dresses.

I'm now thinking of how to transition these pieces for fall/winter.

I got a black pair of riding boots off amazon. I love them! Great price too.

When I was younger I used to never go out of the house without my nails, hair, and make up all done perfectly. You know you have to have the mask on so nobody knows what's going on inside. In my head if everything looked OK on the outside then everything must be OK In my life.
As I got older I Began to realize that I did not have to try please everybody, or should I say Over time I came to realize that I did not have to wear that mask constantly, actually it was just getting to exhausting. So I started not wearing make up all the time (at least not at home), or doing my nails all the time, but I still did / do my hair all the time.
As far as clothes go, I would / will choose the clothes that match my job, or what I'm doing that day such as yoga or biking. I do wear clean clothes that I pick out the night before and I Try to present my best self every day. I found that for me dressing nicely and looking nice helps me to feel better so that's why I do it.

Still struggling with stepping into shower stall and I do force myself to take showers (father watched me in bathroom and God only knows what else... for evidently I have my doctorate in being able to dissociate all throughout my blooming!!! life) and only remembering him seeming to be at times stalking me in the bathroom. So oh yes bird baths and lots of them - a nice huge dispenser soap with water - and lots of birdbaths are the hygiene du jour as I seem to still have a haunting fear around my shower stall (and bed/room). I dress somewhat conservatively with a bit of a flair for the dramatic I guess (and believe also that accessorizing is what distinguishes us from the animals (kidding, for most animals in my opinion are far more highly intelligent than mere humans). I'd say my clothing flair (style) comes from being enrolled in dance at a very young age. And now (not previous to therapy, no) all of my now precious and special parts (private) are very modestly well-covered. I used to wear makeup as well however, most days - going rogue LOL and w/o it, accept for a beautiful very light shade of pink lipstick and light face powder. On infrequent occasions I will wear smoky eyeliner/shadow...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back