1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do You Wake Up In A Cold Sweat?

Discussion in 'Sleep & Nightmares' started by pandora, Aug 17, 2010.

1. pandora

pandora VIP Member

2. She Cat

She Cat VIP Member

Early menopause *might* be a culprit....But, you would have to find out when your mother went through Menopause to be sure, as you will most likely start it around the same time she did....Not an easy task for you right now....But, it's just one way of telling...
  3. Grama-Herc

Grama-Herc VIP Member

In a short answer Yes! I do.
    pandora likes this.
  4. Junebug

Junebug VIP Member

Yes pand, for sure. (Since at least around 18).
  5. pandora

pandora VIP Member

At least there are others too...happened once last night too but not all night.
  6. anni

anni Bucephalus ( an old war horse ) Premium Member

Mine tends to be a really, really HOT sweat, at 52. My daughter has mild blood sugar issues ( she has Crohn's disease, with her it's probably a nutrition issue) and she describes cold sweats.
  7. eyebiter

eyebiter New Member

I have cold sweats at night must be related to PTSD
  8. externalsmile

externalsmile New Member

Yes, I get cold sweats. I get hot sweats too. Either way I remove some of the clothing over me. I try my best to only wear cotton nightclothes in bed and my sheets are cotton. It helps a good bit. If I am anyway stressed or emotional going to bed I am guarunteed to wake up sweating from every pore in my body.

And I am praying it isn't menopause with me since I'm still in my 20's!
  9. pandora

pandora VIP Member

I hope it is not menopause too..I am only 38!
  10. Grama-Herc

Grama-Herc VIP Member

I am 63, trust me---it is not menopaus. It is PTSD related, at least there is no question in my mind. Some nights you could literally wring out my pillow and others no problem. I also sweat like that during waking hours for no apparent reason. at least that I know of and of course there is the EEEKKKK!!!!! I'm in public sweating.

I think it is bad dreams or residual stress from life.
  11. Dimethyltrip

Dimethyltrip New Member

You're probably having panic attacks during your sleep... it happens to me all the time.
    I know it's not the most pleasant of things but sometimes you've just gotta get up, take a shower, change the sheets and try sleeping again.
    If it's really unbearable and you just can't take it then maybe you should consider some helpful medications like seroquel, zyprexa or other ones in the same family that help against panic attacks.
  12. mum2four

mum2four New Member

I'm 33 years old and have been suffering from cold sweet's(mostly at night) and flushed skin(mostly during the day). I have had the blood test for menopause and been told that is not the cause of my symptom's, so I guess it has to me PTSD related as I have had OCD and GAD and depression way longer than the PTSD and the symptoms have started since the "event" that triggered the PTSD symptom's.

I would love to know more about this symptom?
  13. just me here

just me here Guest

I suffered from night sweat for quite awhile and attributed it to my Hep C but my doctor said it was probably more the trauma of going through what amounted to chemotherapy to get rid of it and not a direct result of the virus or the meds, just high anxiety and fear of the possibilities associated with that particular virus. I can definitely buy into the idea that stress and trauma can cause night sweats, when I was pronounced clean and my liver biopsy showed only mild sclerosis, the sweats stopped and rarely return.
  14. jesse

jesse One Opinion in Opinion City Premium Member

I have had that happen to me several times over the past year and didn't realize it was a result of PTSD until now. Thanks for posting that thread and no menopause on my end so I wouldn't scratch it off to that.
    Jesse
  15. atl22

atl22 Find the center. Premium Member

Yes, this happens to me often and, like Jesse, I did not understand why. I'm hot-blooded, so I never sleep with blankets, just one sheet. I also do not like to be confined in case I am attacked at night. Learning about PTSD has been a shocking experience because I have learned so much about myself and what I have been doing. I guess I must be getting the cold sweats when I'm having nightmares.
  16. Unhinged

Unhinged New Member

Nearly every night for me. (the nights I sleep) My husband says he wakes up to find me in a cold sweat, sometimes with the shakes. To him it seems like I'm having nightmares so he tries to wake me gently, or resituate me (make me roll over or something) he says that usually calms me down. On nights I wake to it, I'm usually freezing even tho I have a ton of blankets.
  17. externalsmile

externalsmile New Member

I'm leaning more to the cold sweats lately. I wake up drowned in sweat but freezing cold. My meds were increased last week so I am sweating even more but then I don't know if the increased sweating is to do with the medication or was it because I was extra stressed out. I didn't have any problems last night but I had a good day yesterday so who knows.....maybe it is because of my head.
  18. Grace11

Grace11 New Member

Yes, I do. My friends joke that I am going through early menopause.
    intothelight likes this.
  19. 1966

1966 Well-Known Member

A most definate yes, I've been living with PTSD for the last 6 years and most nights wake up in a cold sweat, and thats whether I've been dreaming or not.