• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Do You Wake Up In A Cold Sweat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pandora

MyPTSD Pro
I have been waking up in a cold sweat..last night was awful and I do not remember dreaming but does this happen to anyone else or maybe I am experiencing early menopause?

Early menopause *might* be a culprit....But, you would have to find out when your mother went through Menopause to be sure, as you will most likely start it around the same time she did....Not an easy task for you right now....But, it's just one way of telling...

Mine tends to be a really, really HOT sweat, at 52. My daughter has mild blood sugar issues ( she has Crohn's disease, with her it's probably a nutrition issue) and she describes cold sweats.

Yes, I get cold sweats. I get hot sweats too. Either way I remove some of the clothing over me. I try my best to only wear cotton nightclothes in bed and my sheets are cotton. It helps a good bit. If I am anyway stressed or emotional going to bed I am guarunteed to wake up sweating from every pore in my body.

And I am praying it isn't menopause with me since I'm still in my 20's!

I am 63, trust me---it is not menopaus. It is PTSD related, at least there is no question in my mind. Some nights you could literally wring out my pillow and others no problem. I also sweat like that during waking hours for no apparent reason. at least that I know of and of course there is the EEEKKKK!!!!! I'm in public sweating.

I think it is bad dreams or residual stress from life.

You're probably having panic attacks during your sleep... it happens to me all the time.
I know it's not the most pleasant of things but sometimes you've just gotta get up, take a shower, change the sheets and try sleeping again.
If it's really unbearable and you just can't take it then maybe you should consider some helpful medications like seroquel, zyprexa or other ones in the same family that help against panic attacks.

I'm 33 years old and have been suffering from cold sweet's(mostly at night) and flushed skin(mostly during the day). I have had the blood test for menopause and been told that is not the cause of my symptom's, so I guess it has to me PTSD related as I have had OCD and GAD and depression way longer than the PTSD and the symptoms have started since the "event" that triggered the PTSD symptom's.

I would love to know more about this symptom?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back