• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Military Does A Marine Refer To His Branch Of Military As The Army?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antespaz

New Here
I was recently dating a person that I think they have been lying to me the whole entire relationship. He told me he was stationed in Afghanistan as a Marine for 14 years. One of the lies I know he told me is that his prosthetic leg does not come off and is run by satellites.

Anyhow, during a conversation one day he said "when he was in the Army" blah, blah, blah. To which I replied, "why are you calling it the Army when you were in the Marines?"

He says that the army is a generic term for all branches of the military. I think he's full of crap and was never even in the military.

Thoughts?

I grew up with someone that was militiary. He said national guard, and army all the time... I never figured out which, but it dont matter now. He also said he served in desert storm building bombs in syria, said people had to be careful when waking him up.... but apparently couldnt recognize the sypmtoms of ptsd for crap, was unsupportive, and.. yeah. Sad part was, he had a few pin thingys and badge looking thingys and crap, and often got called up to some place called camp ripley and had to go there in his acu's. I had proof that he was military, but he still confused the hell outta me... I tried to join the military once, but I lost hope when I learned my heart condition was an automatic disqualification.

often got called up to some place called camp ripley
There is a real place called Camp Ripley. It's fairly close to where I live. Among other things, it's a major training site for the National Guard. One might say "Army National Guard" because there is also an "Air National Guard". Both train at Ripley, as does NATO and other branches of the US military.

As far as the guy with the magic leg? I believe this would be a good time to run!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back