1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does Anxiety Make You "Lean" To One Side?

Discussion in 'Anxiety & Panic Attacks' started by moki, Apr 2, 2007.

1. moki

moki Guest

This sounds weird, but sometimes when I'm anxious, I feel as if I am leaning to my right side. Then I look in the mirror and see that I'm standing up straight. Even when I try to lean to the other side, I still feel like I'm leaning to the right side. It is almost like being dizzy, but not going around and around, just strongly to the side.

I notice this while in the car or just walking around. It is unpredictable and most of the time my anxiety does not produce this weird effect.

I am on lamictal and only very occasionally take a xanax. Anybody else have this happen?

holdenmonty likes this.
  2. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

Yes Moki, this happens to me..

Guess what it is? Tightened back muscles that pull you slightly to one side. It's stress that comes out through lovely knots in your back! See a masseuse or a chiropractor, or get a friend to rub the muscles loose and you should be okay till the next time.

bec

3. moki

moki Guest

Thanks, bevcan, I really do need to get some massages. I'll do it soon. Thanks for reminding me to take care of myself.

4. Grama-Herc

Grama-Herc I'm a VIP

Moki, I don't lean byt my shoulders have the capability to toucn my ears these days. Even after 2 years of therapy and 10 years of meds, the tension in my back and shoulders is amazing. We tend to be very tense people with our muscles in knots most of the time. My breathing exercises help some times and relaxation periods work too. Take a deep breath, drop your shoulders, lean back and BREATHE HERC

5. Mani

Mani New Member

Hi, I get this too but I also have weird vision sometimes like stars been doctors but they have no idea could this be due to tight muscles do you think?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2013
  6. nycowboy

nycowboy Active Member

I get this too, but I cock my head to the left side, as though I'm "hiding" from an intruder or something that makes me feel unsafe.

7. issues

issues Guest

I feel like when I sit or stand all my weight is on the left side. Even when iI try to move to the right, I have a hard time doing so. Does this feeling oocur with anyone else? If so, what did you to help reduce the awkwardness?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2015
  8. holdenmonty

holdenmonty Well-Known Member

I have noticed that I tend to hunch over. It's kind of weird but I noticed that there was an older guy in my home town that always walks around hunched over and my dad and I were talking about somethings and he mentioned that he thinks that he heard that the older guy that walked around my home town all hunched over was in WWII. It's almost like the weight of the stress and anxiety weighs us down emotionally so much to the point that it starts to weigh us down physically.

User search cloud:

1. feel like walking to one side

2. dizzy and leaning to the left

3. leaning on one side

4. dizzy and leaning to one side,
  5. my body is trying to lean to one side,
  6. dizziness and body leaning to one side,
  7. anxiety leaning to left for a deep breath,
  8. why do i lean to one side,
  9. dizzy when standing leaning to one side,
  10. why do i lean to one side when i walk,
  11. anxiety feeling like your leaning to one side,