1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Does Anyone Else Have Anger Issues Regarding This Forum?

Discussion in 'Polls' started by batgirl, Jul 16, 2007.

Do You Have Anger Issues Regarding This Forum?

1. Yes, I get angry and struggle with it sometimes.

32 vote(s)
    44.4%
  2. I used to get angry but I have it under control now.

4 vote(s)
    5.6%
  3. No, I never get angry on the forum.

36 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. batgirl

batgirl I'm a VIP

Okay well this is a bit embarrassing but I just screwed up once again, so I thought I'd make a poll out of it. I'm wondering how many other people have problems with getting angry when they read the posts of others on this forum. I really struggle sometimes, and it's often over harmless little comments. Sometimes even just an emoticon will set me off... there are certain emoticons here that I really hate! I'm getting better at walking away, taking breaks or avoiding certain threads that I know will likely upset me, but I'm still working on it unfortunately. I feel so petty sometimes. I never used to have such a bad temper.

untiltoday and Kathy like this.
  2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Shinigami_Shimai

Shinigami_Shimai Active Member

I could not answer the poll because I have not run into anything to anger me here. Meanwhile one of the forums that I host a guild on has me so rialled up at times that my wife has demanded that I keep away from parts of the site just because it upsets me so much. I tend to steer away a lot of debates because I used to be part of a debate class and found that no matter how clearly I present an argument someone will rebut it with something completely unresearched and insanely stupid just to get my feathers up. So instead of arguing I just stick to my own forums where I only have to deal with a few idiots at a time.

My rule for any new forum that I join is to avoid any threads that I think might trigger me to get really upset or angry. Before I post anything I write it out in a note pad and leave it for a day and take a breather before considering posting it. Then I rewrite it or don't bother posting at all. Or if I'm really pissed, which is rather rare for me. I jump on my DDR mat and pound on it for a while until all the agression is gone, then I go back to life again.

Well, Jaa ne

Kat

4. batgirl

batgirl I'm a VIP

Your story about your other forum reminds me so much of myself, my family pretty much forces me off the forum at times because I get too angry or otherwise upset. I am getting a bit better at controlling it though, so hopefully I'm over the worst of it. Thanks for sharing what you do when you feel upset, I think I'm going to make a list of different things to do on such occasions.

5. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

Hehe, yeah I've lost it a few times due to anger. Hence why you will see me post light-heartedly in a serious debate, or just not touch many subjects. I can go over the edge pretty easy.

bec

6. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

I had to choose the second option, as I cannot conclusively state that I "never" get angry with something upon this forum, because I do at times, I simply walk away though if it occurs, then come back with a more unbiased viewpoint.... generally I will say, but not "always."

7. kers

kers I'm a VIP

I said 'never,' but I wonder if that's the result of me instinctively avoiding strife. I mostly read and post on diaries or polls or threads where it is less conversational. I shy away from more dynamic threads--haven't even read many that I suppose stir other folks up!

So no, I don't get angry on here, but I guess that's by cocooning myself.

8. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Won't vote, as I don't have PTSD. However. Must admit, there have been a couple of incidents for myself. Like Anthony, simply walked away. Usually though, I am able to laugh at idiotic comments. Don't bother me in the slightest. But. These two times were shortly after my son's death. Personal stress makes one testy, regardless PTSD.

Jim.

9. Kathy

Kathy I'm a VIP

I also won't vote as I do not have PTSD. However I will say that I have never been angry upon this forum, at least not regarding the comments and opinions of others. The only thing that irritates me quite frankly, is people putting themselves down. I am sorely tempted to scold them for it, however I have tried to tread cautiously in that regard as I don't understand all the mechanics of PTSD, besides which, I must resist the temptation to be everyone's mum! :rolleyes:

10. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Hmmmm.... doesn't really ask if a person has PTSD though, so I see no reason to why you both don't vote quite honestly, as the poll doesn't reflect just PTSD, but all members, sufferer, carer or friend. That is how I read it anyhow!!!

11. batgirl

batgirl I'm a VIP

Yeah I did intend for members to vote, it doesn't matter if you have PTSD or not. Actually I was interested to hear my aunt and uncle's responses, and other carers too, although there's not a whole lot of them around.

12. Claire

Claire Well-Known Member

I voted yes. I do quite often get very angry and find some peoples posts hard to stomach. I also find it a frustrating medium sometimes. If I disagree with something in real day to day life I would talk in through with the person there and then. Its virtually impossible to do this on here.

13. batgirl

batgirl I'm a VIP

Yeah I agree Claire, it's so easy to misunderstand people, I've done that so often on here!