• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Does Anyone Else Have Lots Of Random Physical Ailments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chem Lady

Confident
I have lots of physical things wrong with me, yet doctors all proclaim me to be in "great health"! Although I'm barely 40, I joke to my husband regularly that I'd fit in great in a nursing home with the number of pills I take each night and the number of medical complaints I have! I honestly think they are all related directly to having PTSD.
For example, suddenly my hair starts falling out, or I can no longer tolerate gluten, or suddenly I have constant heartburn, or I develop pcos, and probably loads of other things I can't even remember anymore. I've never had a doctor even attempt to allow these things to be connected to PTSD. Honestly, I'd feel better knowing other PTSDers have experienced the same thing and it's not just that my body is prematurely falling apart!

I know how you feel, it's possible the symptoms you have are stress related? I have been getting odd symptoms lately but after a lot of reading it seems I'm deficient in vitamin B12 :confused:

I wish I could say no but I am right there with you, I take more meds and supplements than my 101 yr old grandmother does. The supplements are all prescribed by Drs as they have run out of conventional meds to treat my chronic daily migraines. I wish my other complaints were all stress related and some are but others I just drew the short straw at birth and they are genetic health conditions.

thought it was only me, so many doctors, so many pills. I am a "healthy" -ish 36 year old mother. I have been diagnosed and undiagnosed with Mixed Connective Tissue Disease, this basically means that they have no idea what is wrong with me. about 7 years ago, my thigh muscles were so exhausted after taking just a few steps i would have to sit for a while... my husband was carrying me up the stairs to bed, then it went away after about a year. quite a few months ago, it started again, only left thigh and ended up using a cane. thankfully went away in about 2 months. no-one had a clue, i had all of the test done over and over again. trying different medications for so many different symptoms, i have done a lot of reading online about how sometimes severe PTSD can manifest itself physically. none of my doctors have even considered the fact that it may be the PTSD. i don't think they understand yet really how powerful the mind is and what it can accomplish without our permission or knowing. please hang in there, you are not alone and i know it sucks. do some research online. i am trying meditation and mindfulness. working some. just take it one day at a time, all we can do for now

I feel definitely that PTSD can cause physical ailments! Have done a lot of research on it here and other places. I relive car accident pains and then I ground and they go away. I always question my symptoms as to being actually physical or PTSD. It's a lot of work to figure out! Found deep breathing and EMDR and grounding most useful but it's still a battle.

I'm 40ish and count me in. It's partly after exploring (and failing) for years and years at finding medical solutions that I took the plunge to start trauma therapy. All my problems are still present but they are far less debilitating than they were a couple of years ago. For example i can sometimes get 2 weeks without a migraine now

I know how you feel, it's possible the symptoms you have are stress related? I have been getting odd sympt...

Yep. This.

Not only is b12 deficiency linked to most of the symptoms you just described but it also exasperates the anxiety and depression we carry with our ptsd.

I've had some super random symptoms crop up just lately, at the same time my anxiety is reaching the point I struggle to control it.

My b12 is low, as is my vitamin D.

I would also add deficiency in magnesium and iron. I have read that B vitamins and magnesium get used up d...

But not too much magnesium!!
Too much makes toilet visits rather, errr colourful I learned ahaha.

They say to try get as much of all your daily needs by diet as possible because supplements aren't absorbed as efficiently by the body, but man!
Imagine how much we would have to eat to get those levels up?
Does my head in

First and foremost, I'm sorry to hear the difficulty you're facing! I know you feel though, my doctors claim the same thing. "I see nothing wrong with x and y. You're in good health." However, my T was the one that knew all of my physical symptoms and hair falling out was in fact because of PTSD and not all doctors would know that because not all doctors know much about mental illness connecting with physical health. A few months ago, I thought I was honestly getting super sick. My hair fell out, I'd throw up hourly, my legs would start weakening. I felt like an old person, haha. Little did I know I was physically fine in technicality; it was the PTSD. I can't tell you how many things were wrong with me. Heartburn, my heart felt like it was weakening and having a heart attack. But I'm glad my T. made the connection because when my PTSD was calm I had very little to no symptoms. You're definitely not alone here, so I hope at least in that sense you feel a little better, but regardless, I'm sorry you're going through that regardless and wish you well! :)

I've been thinking about this for a while now, and yes, I do. Back, neck, shoulder, stomach pain. Sometimes vaginal and vulva pain as well. I'm also really tired almost all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back