1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

OCD Does anyone have complex ptsd and ocd?

Discussion in 'Other Disorders' started by micky, Apr 5, 2017.

1. micky

micky Active Member

I never told my therapist about it,my partner has said many time that I display OCD.none of my family has it.i kind of realise it myself at times,but do my hide it as best as I can.i do have content thoughts in my head(will I do something or not),always thinking to myself,how will I be normal again(always looking for reassurance).
    I never had these before my accident,maybe it just a coincidence..?
    should I tell the therapist(the more I think about it,the more she should of noticed).

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Sandstone

Sandstone I'm a VIP

What sort of things are you thinking of? Can you give some examples?

4. barefoot

barefoot I'm a VIP Premium Member

Are you actually meaning OCD (obsessive thoughts and compulsive behaviours) or are you meaning troubling, repetitive thoughts where it feels like you are obsessing about certain things?

I'm not sure which you mean from your post, so if you can say a little more, other posters may be more able to share their thoughts/experiences.

I don't have OCD but I frequently have thoughts/ideas I feel I am obsessing about. I consider those behaviours/thought rumination/intrusive thoughts. They can be very distressing and can feel all-encompassing.

If you do have an OCD diagnosis, please know that I'm not trying to invalidate or question that. I'm just not clear from your OP!

5. Sunshineturtle

Sunshineturtle Active Member

I have both and am on meds for OCD , and weekly therapy for the other.

6. Khaleesi

Khaleesi New Member

I have both, diagnosed last year after a long time struggling by myself.

7. Sunshineturtle

Sunshineturtle Active Member

Yes.

8. Keen

Keen Active Member

Yes, both.

9. bento

bento Active Member

Yes struggled with both. Makes sense, you get caught up wanting to control your
    environment. And it can also be a way to handle dysregulation.

A lot of mine centers around dealing with stuff/doing tasks. So getting into
    minimalism helped me. As well as doing CBT around perfectionism.

Best of luck :)

Show Sidebar