1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Does Anyone Play Any Instruments?

Discussion in 'Social' started by Archus, Nov 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Archus

Archus New Member

Does anyone here play any musical instruments at all, and maybe swap some songs that they enjoy playing?

I play guitar, a little bit of piano, and even less on a harmonica.

Right now I'm mainly just learning a lot more stuff on guitar, like musical theory, major and minor chords and their formation, different kinds of intervals, etc. My favorite song to play now would probably be "Wonderboy" by Tenacious D, or "View From Heaven" by Yellowcard.

Right now the only thing I'm learning on the piano is a pretty easy version of the Sound Stone song from Earthbound.

The harmonica has kind of fallen by the wayside a bit, unfortunately.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. nie

nie Wishing for wings to fly. Premium Member Donated

I play the piano.

4. cactus_jack

cactus_jack Well-Known Member

I like playing with forcips....

5. batgirl

batgirl I'm a VIP

I play the concertina, the Irish flute, the piano and the guitar. I am very good on the concertina and the flute, moderately good on piano and just sort of dabbling on the guitar. I mostly play traditional Newfoundlander and Celtic music, but also some classical. I am very interested in theory.

6. hodge

hodge I'm a VIP Premium Member

I played piano when I had one. Wish I had one again. I would like to play much of the traditional music from the U.S. and British Isles I've been exposed to by my husband who, alas, only plays the CD player ;) I've been thinking about teaching myself guitar - costs a whole lot less than a piano, lol - but I so love piano.

7. ovation228

ovation228 Member

I regularly play guitar and percussion, but I'll play any instrument I can get my hands on.

I absolutely love making music. I'm trying to get my songwriting of the ground again... not so I can be a rock star, but so I can find a way to heal myself through music.

8. rob4444

rob4444 Active Member

i have several nice electric guitars and i dabble with the blues (lead) as therapy when im feeling down..great therapy and the only thing ive tried without completely mastering...but im so low i cant even hold a pick at the mo...

9. ovation228

ovation228 Member

I find that playing blues guitar is good therapy, too!

10. hodge

hodge I'm a VIP Premium Member

My husband listens to blues when he's down. It seems counter-intuitive, but works for him, too; doesn't work for me.

11. Frankie

Frankie Well-Known Member

I don't play any instruments (unfortunately) but I would assume that it would be soothing and therapeutic and fun ! I will suggest this to my bf ! :)

12. Claire

Claire Well-Known Member

Alto sax but I haven't played in a while. Been thinking of taking it up again recently. I stopped because after my crash the sound scared me. :eek: I wasn't that bad though! :wink:

13. rob4444

rob4444 Active Member

my world is so closed in,i cant express myself...took a couple of years before i could play in front of my family..i would shake so bad i couldnt hold the pick if someone was around...ive built a custom 1.8 watt tube amp,to get true tube distortion at ultra low volume,and when everyones asleep i jamm my heart out...its the only way i can express my feelings...pity no one will ever hear me!....if someone tells me how ,ill post a photo of my guitars and custom amp/coffee table..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar