• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Does Anyone Struggle With Or Feel Triggered By Social Media?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NatBird

MyPTSD Pro
I'm have to start using sm to assist the development of my arts career.
I basically feel paralysed by it. I get to the little tweet box and freeze.
It's the least of my problems on many levels but is part of a larger problem - visibility. I'm afraid to be visible in case I get attacked, humilated, rejected, abandoned. I'm tired of this. It's really holding me back. Can anyone relate? Is anyone working through something similar? If so, how is it going? What works for you?

Yes, I'm the same. But I too had to get a Facebook account to join the social media page of the group of artists I work with. If you don't have any friends nobody can contact you!! So I have no friends on fb.
I had and still have thd same feelings you're talking about - it's my worst nightmare to be so visible and available to all!! I truly do not understand why most people are so into it.
But I think even before PTSD this would not have been my thing. I've always totally appreciated my privacy and that of others.
Hope you can find a way to make it work for you!!! Just wanted to say you are not at all alone!

I am also learning how to become more visible. I used to be transparent but that did not serve me at all and set me up for failure and misunderstanding.

Keep on growing and learning and learning and you will find your way. For me just being on the forum has so improved my ability to become more visible and yet to get along with others. I hope this helps or makes sense and if not please just toss.

I think a ton are triggered by social media. Just do a search on here for facebook, or social media and it will tell you that; most especially facebook.

I am rarely on facebook anymore and havent been for months. My family turned it into a warzone and though they are all now blocked, its sad and upsetting and triggering and abanonding knowing that and well knowing that they dont care how I am even medically is upsetting.

Yeah, its triggering. You arent alone! :hug:

I deleted my face book account, as to be honest I found it was childish, and the only people that shared my page were just all my late wife's family, well nieces and nephews, and some of her sisters.

I never really got into it, I didn't like the idea of everyone reading my posts? (I mean people I didn't know)

So the only sites I use now, is this one and an ex-service site, and the BBC one, that I used to write short stories for, and of course EBay.

I deleted my face book account, as to be honest I found it was childish, and the only people that shared...

@Gadgie I have similar thoughts about FB and have no interest in using it. It's Twitter that I need to engage with and find quite hard but I'm generally struggling so will put it down to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back