1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Does Anyone Suffer Severe Memory Loss?

Discussion in 'General' started by scarlette_crimson, Oct 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scarlette_crimson

scarlette_crimson Active Member

Where do I fined anything about severe memory loss? I have massive injuries and still to this day can't recall a lot.I don't believe I will ever feel complete untill remember every last bit.People keep telling me to just forget about it there is nothing you can do.I think thats a bunch of donkey muffins.Would they still say it after they had the same thing happen?People like me are going to just go to hell if we don't forget about it.(yeah right I am a poor child that just don't get it and probably never will.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. wildfirewildone

wildfirewildone Well-Known Member

Memory Loss....

:hello: Part of PTSD is memory loss....sad fact..but true...From what happened to you....It could be a long time before you remember...if at all...I can understand how difficult it is for you to have a blank spot in your life...What I know is that your mind and your body are not ready to handle what happened or you'ld be remembering...Also with your injuries you will be incapable of having those memories...the body wants to protect itself...so it blocked out the traumatic events that caused your injuries....that's the way our bodies are made...our nervous systems weren't made to handle trauma and yours was pretty intense...I know it's hard...but it's best not to try and force your memories...it will tend to make your memory loss even more intense...I know for myself...that every time I get bad enough off to need to be hospitalized and return home...I have lost some memories...I have found also not to freak out about it...I have developed the attitude that I will remember the most important things...just to let my body relax so the memory can have the best chance to remember....letting go of whatever I do not remember....I hope this helps...Some of the best advice I've gotton is to be gentle with myself...do the things that are most calming and soothing to my body and mind....I pray that you rest gently....KEEPING THE PEACE

4. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

Is the memory loss due to the severe trauma, being it is repressed or due to injuries? I don't understand why you would go to hell if you don't forget? Do you just remember pieces? I have a lot of supressed memories of my brother that come trickling out slowly when they feel like it. He was involved in a good chunk of my life yet, very little recall about him. I do remember some molesting, and can smell fires still (he is an arsonist). My sister has no repressed memories of him, and it is well known she was raped for years by him when we were left in his care, we are twins. So leaves me to think there may be a good reason I cannot recall him! They are getting closer to the surface and could probably do hypnothreapy to speed it up, just I think at the speed they come is good enough for me, nice and slow. Have you looked in to hypnothreapy for you to try and pull it out? A lot of us here have a hard time recalling what exactly happened to us, you are not alone on that. Some of the things that happened later in life I wish I could forget! And people will never get those who go through trauma, lucky bastards!

ETA- My sister is the worst at forget it and move on... She remembers the rapes and forgave. She is very into prayer, and I try! She has the prayer intertwined with how she is also a hypocrite when it comes to God, even more mind numbing. Funny she uses it at her convienence. That is one of the things I cannot wrap my mind around and just kills me. Why do I have to end up so f*ed in the head and she be just fine and at a functioning level? Yes, I am jealous. I am happy for her but when she tells me to just forget it and move on I want to slap her upside the head. I have forgotten and I am a mess you ass!

5. scarlette_crimson

wiledfire

Thanks!But what happens to finding justice?for the others that i was trying to protect?....And what about the children that maybe geting violated now?I tried to turn him in when I was a chiled but something backfired on me.I am trying not to blame myself for not acomplishing what I set out to do.But some how i feel resonsable if he never gets put away.

6. permban0077

The soul does cry for justice doesn't it? To protect others. I think that one hit me hard years ago. I had heard through the grapevine my disowned brother (my mom did disown him because of the rapes he admitted to) had fathered a baby girl. I do not know her name. I worry about her.

Not much you can do if you cannot recall and those who can do not step forward to say hey! Also, statute of limitations may have run out to boot. It is a nasty catch 22. But you are not responsible. Others are. And it will catch up.

My brother was an adult and could have been sent to jail, or probabtion as normally the case out here. But no adult acted like one at the time. I spent so many years fantasizing his death. I never wanted to shoot. I wanted it more personal, I wanted to feel and see his pain. I did want his blood on my hands in the literal sense.

But we get to a point of understanding justice is not always served. My ex who almost killed me when he kidnapped and raped me in front of my babies... He will never see justice either because I could not "prove it". I am just left a emotional and mental wreck in the aftermath, I still have to face him when he shows up once a year or so. I just wait for my teens to hit 18 and he cannot come back... He is evil pure evil. Justice is just not in the cards for many of us which does not help the pain.

7. scarlette_crimson

But see the problem is the statutes for attempted murder do not expire and I do know the perpatrator.

8. scarlette_crimson

Veild you sisters more screwed in the head then you think. And that Thin you said about hypnothrapy i have wanted to for so long.But the kind that is provided here so far is for addictive behavor.so in other words he said he could not help me.

9. permban0077

How do you figure? I mean it is my twin... I think I know her a wee bit better than you. She has bad memories and speaks to him and forgave, tried for years to get me to. She suffered from PD for a while and is over it now. She has memories that are bad and do not effect her day to day living. She has a very happy full life despite what she has gone through. The same thing we all here are trying to accomplish. Not all walk away from trauma with PTSD. Those people have pain, as any normal person would from the memories. But I would not call them screwed in the head, and I can assure you I know my sister is not "screwed in the head". She had bad things happen that did not ruin her life. Why? She is just wired differently, as we all are.

10. scarlette_crimson

MY bad if I am wrong but if she still thinks that forgiving some one for traumatizing her is just water under the bridge then in my opinion the person has not really delt.A person who is a pervert like the brother you were refering to has a right to live but not a right to be forgiven.there is a big difference.for a person like a relative that I know she is very successfull but she is also wearing a mask.How she puts it off is by never letting a seconed go by without doing things to keep her mined off of her past and to me that is sick not to deal.Being a quote un quote Happy person and being sucessfull in a career dose not make a person
    nesacerally normal.
    Have you ever stoped and said to yourself wait a minute I am the one trying to deal so maybe I am the better one off of us to.
    When I stoped my very sucessfull life and rested at home with my husband becuse I was preganent thats when the ptsd blow dozed me over. And I made the mistake of comparing my self with people who had not dealt and were just geting further and further in there careers and allof a suden I was not.So then I thought I was the **** up but I am not niether are you.

11. Kells

Kells Active Member

yeah, I also have major memory loss, but it can stay lost. I don't want know.

12. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

I would have to disagree here, in that forgiveness is an individual aspect of life, regardless the severity, people can and do change. I would say to put the shoe on the other foot scarlette, in that if you completely lost it for a moment, and stabbed the person who happened to be standing infront of you, that is an act of violence, significant enough to give the victim PTSD. You snapped, you had a moment of poor judgement, you have PTSD. Now the person who is the victim, they could now be sitting here saying the exact same thing about you, however; are you a bad person overall that doesn't deserve forgiveness for your mistakes?

13. permban0077

She has. That simple, like I said not everyone is the same. Two people can have the same thing happen and one walk away with PTSD the other not. That is common knowledge and one of the mysteries of PTSD. If everyone who had any form of trauma result in PTSD this world would be beyond turned inside out. Does she have scars and painful memories? Sure, who would not? She can, is capable of, and has forgiven him. I on the other hand am not. She has worked through it her way, not everyone has to deal with it the same way. That is just as bad as telling someone with PTSD to get over it, I dealt with it, why cant you deal with it the same way I did? It just doesn't work that way, and that is going both ways. Who am I to tell her how to deal with something she has and survived very well?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar