• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Does it matter any more?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like I constantly fight a battle with myself. I put a smile on my face when I go to work but when I come home I am so sad, and lonely. Despite our past I spoke to my Mom often. She passed away in October and I am so lost. I don't know if it matters any more. My daughter is 17 and the only thing that matters in this world is her. My sister is really sick and my brother is a different story. I don't make friends easy. I am miserable and I have no idea why I keep trying.

I am so sorry to hear you lost your mom and you must be in incredible pain and grief. I was SI today and I got a lot of good thoughts from the people here so I am so glad you reached out. I am so glad to hear that you have a precious seventeen year old daughter because they are so wonderful at that age. I am glad that you have each other now.

I know how it feels to be so tired and want to just give up. I understand when the feelings are just so huge. I m sending you hugs and to tell you to hang on a little longer for just today until the day is over and you can escape into sleep. I understand your hurt and sorrow although I do not know you. Grief and loss is universal I think. It takes such a long time to even begin to heal from this kind of loss.

I wish that you could take some time off of work with just you and daughter comforting each other.

I’m sorry about the loss of your mother. It’s always so hard to lose a parent. Please make your daughter your priority, make her the reason for life, for happiness, for love. And make yourself a priority for living. You matter!!! !

I feel like I constantly fight a battle with myself. I put a smile on my face when I go to work...
Your daughter needs you, daughters always need their mothers, no matter how independent they get, I say this in a loving way, not judgmental. I’m 26 and I definitely still need my mom, not in the same way, but better. I make friends with great difficulty too. If you ever meet a person who seems interesting, make the first move, even if it feels awkward just show interest, I don’t usually ask ppl to do stuff but if you click and u keep talking to them they might do it for you, especially if that person is an extrovert. I live for my cat, I really believe animals are some of the best therapists out there, save a cat or dog who probably won’t get adopted, black cats and dogs and older animals are usually euthanized because nobody wants them. Pet shelter volunteering is a great way to meet ppl, also homeless shelters, the ppl volunteering there are most always the kind empathetic sort wanting to help and support others. Sending much love, and u can message me anytime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back