• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Does This Happen To You?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are doing something *(regular daily thing), you are really productive for couple hours, and then suddenly you get anxious(seemingly without reason or because of feeling overwhelmed).
And you get so anxious so fast that your brain just switches to dissociation?

...which in my case is like overworked computer that switches off- I get panicked and then really fast get really sleepy instead of actually having panic attack. It's like my brain decides "I'm going to deal with this in an hour" and I have very little say in it...

Yep totally get this and have adhd so when i do get focused i want to keep going but its totally like my brain just screams "DANGER" and thats the end of the productivity for the day!

Yep totally get this and have adhd so when i do get focused i want to keep going but its totally like m...
Have you found anything that has helped you with that so far? I have so much more of the day left, and if feels so stupid to go to sleep now...or do nothing...But the only reason I'm awake now is because I took my anti-panic attacks meds, but I try to avoid them when I can. That kept me okay enough to stay awake, but I'm still unable to concentrate on doing anything other than mini-tasks and I feel so useless, like I'm just passing time until tomorrow comes...

Have you found anything that has helped you with that so far? I have so much more of the day left...
The only thing that helps me is to break things down into really really tiny tasks. If i am struggling one day my list will literally be "email x" and i will put times next to it like "5mins" "file away that account - 2mins"really really tiny steps then once i get going it gets easier, things seem less scary then. If its really bad then i will go for a long walk and come back to my list with a bit of a clearer head, "move a muscle change a thought" and all that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back