• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

News Donald Trump's Popularity To Date

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justmehere

Sponsor
About a month ago, Donald Trump's lawyer, the man who Trump hired to advise and represent him on legal matters, claimed that "you can't rape your spouse." (Article on Time.com)

His poll numbers kept rising. He has been called a truth speaker, cutting through BS in a way Americans crave. People have rejected the insults, and yet still supported him for other reasons. He could finally help the economy, cut through political correctness and get things done.

Trump has continued to insult minorities, POWs, women....

But his poll numbers keep rising. Political analysts believe most liked him because he is very frank, forthright, and a successful business man, and not because of his comments to insult so many people.

Then it was a headline everywhere in the US that Trump "won" the presidential debate and proceeded to call the female moderator a "bimbo" after the debate.

His poll numbers kept rising.

Then he claimed the moderator was unfairly hard on him because "You could see that she had blood coming out of her eyes. Blood coming out of her wherever..." (It's worse to watch the video clip and hear how he said it in context. He really rails into her.)

Trump has antagonized, belittled, and name called almost every group out there. Sure, he speaks plainly and clearly, and is brutally straightforward (emphasis on the word brutal.)

But what the heck? Why do his poll numbers continue to rise when he is over the top on insulting everyone?

Trump is a jerk, and that's not news.

What does shock me is that his poll numbers keep rising.

I'm a little shaken that some of my fellow countrymen would want to vote for a president that claims through his lawyer that you can't rape your wife and would retaliate against a debate moderator by talking about "blood coming out of her wherever" as the reason to why she was so "harsh" - which she ironically had been "harsh" by asking him about insulting women in the past.

Please someone explain this to me. Are some people really this hungry for someone who is acting like a bully? Or are they uninformed? Or is there another reason they continue to overlook his bully-ish behaviors that we would not tolerate in most of humanity?

Have you heard NJ's governer, also running for president?
Trumps mouthy twin Christie? Sadly. Can we lock him and trump in a room together so they can scream and hurl insults at each other instead of everyone else? So far I don't see a single candidate worth voting for on either side of the fence.
Our choices might as well be Mao, Stalin or Hitler.

/steps of soapbox and goes hides in corner.

Don't forget that they're only polling Republicans. The majority of Americans are Democrats and other sane people. I'm worried more that we may end up with three candidates with some Democrats voting for Sanders thereby opening the door to electing a president who only got 33% of the vote. That has happened in Maine and you have all heard me bitch about the bully he is, how hateful, racist, and a mysoginist. An Independant ran both times and although he knew he wouldn't win, he stole enough votes for Dickhead to win. None of the other Republicans like Trump so they'll finagle a way to discredit him. Trumps arrogance will be his undoing. He's not literate so any question posed to him, just watch how he bullies his way out of showing how ignorant he is.

Given that, I don't know anyone that admits to supporting him, these polls are shady. VOTE!!!!

I am a republican...and hope the earth swallows up Christie and ESPECIALLY TRUMP. I am ashamed and embarrassed that so many people can even consider following two arses!!!

I cannot even begin to express my anger!!!! I could go on this rant for a few hours!!

It's not all bad, as I see it. The GOP has major divisions and issues and nobody was as noisy and "interesting" (in a mostly bad way) as Trump. He's a sort of character. The fact is he's just peaked people's interest. But how many women and non-white men will vote for him? This election will go to Hillary, most certainly if the GOP doesn't push a more viable candidate forward. It's early in the game and we'll all be over Trump by next week. He's disgusting.

I don't trust any of them. politician.jpg

Last edited:
He is a sexist, pos!! He has to be one of the biggest narcissist running for the GOP. Although they are all too narcissistic for my taste in ppl.
I think my biggest issue with him is he embodies all that's wrong with society today, the absence of not caring for your fellow human, or to be in a powerful position and use it to hurt ppl rather than help is immoral to me. That is not someone I want running my country!!
#BernieSanders2016

Trump is a douche. His poles only represent that people enjoy the entertainment factor. When it gets down to nuts and bolts he will be out. That Carly Fiorina is sharp. She is a little more conservative on certain topics than I am, however she is a pretty sharp cookie. I hope she can make it in to prime time so she can kick Trump's a*s on national television.
I don't even care so much that trump is a chauvinist as much as I think his overall communication is divisive as a whole. Just think about him in a room with Putin and they disagree. Is he going to call Putin stupid? We would be in a war faster than flies on sh*t if he becomes president. Yikes! He offers no true solutions to existing problems other than blaming and finger pointing. We need someone with a plan who has taken troubled assets and turned them into functioning business. We need someone outside of politics and Washington BS to do that. I think Jeb Bush is probably a nice man and he certainly knows how being president works, however I don't think the world needs another Bush. By the time Obama leaves office they estimate we will be 23 trillion dollars in debt. We currently are at 19. We desperately need someone who can iron out and prioritize our finances and overhaul our social security system. We can no longer kick the can down the road. We really need to keep our dollars at home and clean ourselves up before we can go help anyone else. We need to create jobs here instead of welfare. We need to educate our kids so that they have a future vs student loans they can't pay back. It takes a business person to understand these functions not a career politician.
As for Trump, I firmly believe if you give someone enough rope they hang themselves. He will eventually hang himself by his nuts which judging by his tone are the size of small peanuts. His demeanor is sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back