• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Donation Challenge - Annual Server Costs - Can We Do It?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried to donate with my Load&Go VISA card on the donate area here on the forum last night and this morning and it says "The card you entered cannot be used for this payment. Please enter a different credit or debit card number."
Has anyone else had that problem? I'd like to know before investing in one (assuming that's the same thing as the prepaid gift card people have been talking about?).

The visa present card is $5.00 here in New Zealand or $18.00 for one that you keep and can top up whenever you want, it is reuse over and over again. You just go back into the shop and load it with money when ever you want. No trace with names anywhere. I'm going to town this afternoon to top mine up again so I will try when I get home.

Anthony maybe able to look into it for us ?

But I will try with mine and let you all know I owe $40 from my pledge with @alba otherwise I will have to do her dishes for a year :D

There should be no difference from a prepaid fifth Visa card than any other as it is the same thing

Last edited:
Doing a quick search about prepaid visas, Paypal accepts them providing they can associate the card with a real address. If the card does't have a real address associated, i.e. they're plugged into visa, so if you use a fake address you will get denied.

For those who have an issue with Paypal, you quite honestly shouldn't. Paypal is that secure, its just ridiculous.
  • Banks typically reverse any transaction you claim against due to fraud.
  • Paypal have extensive anti-fraud systems in place, i.e. rejecting prepaid credit cards that can't be verified by visa.
  • Paypal typically sides with the buyer in the case of goods. It is only services that Paypal will often side with the seller if proven the service to be provided.
  • Revert to point 1 - you can then go through your bank -- hence it is ok to link your credit cards and bank account to paypal.
  • Paypal comes with free two-factor authentication on logging in and purchases, which means someone needs to know your password + have your two factor device (either free card they will send you or mobile for SMS authentication)
Paypal is the single safest payment processor in the world today. Paranoia is not a reason to not use them... they're as safe, if not safer than many banks, providing you use the features they provide to protect you.

If you do not use two-factor authentication nowadays from your mobile phone... you're nuts. PIN protect your phone in the event of being lost or stolen, and you have the single most effective security across the web in your pocket and head (username and password).

We offer it here, and have for years now. Two-factor puts an additional security layer on usernames and passwords alone, random number to be entered. You have more chances of winning the lotto than someone cracking your security.

Ahhh so that means in New Zealand you can get to types of pre ipad present Visa cards :

The first costs $5.00 and you put money on it and it's used until finished then you throw away

The second costs $18.00 and you have to give a name and address but that isn't used anywhere that you use it so it's not linked to any accounts or names, you just have to have id to get it. Then you use it and can go back and top it up at the shop when ever you want, so this one you keep for ever just put whatever money you want on it and use as you wish. Your name never appears anywhere just when you first buy at the shop you have to use I'd to get one. So that will be the one you should get for PayPal I think. I will find out when I get one, I had all my id stolen with my phone so it may take a couple of days to re get my license etc to be able to buy one.

I have been putting it off since my grandsons first birthday as I cannot stand the look of myself and hate photos being taken of me :( I will be brave and go get one

Sammy

@ SheliaKathy I know how you feel I have really only just got it sorted how to donate easy and stress free like Anthony said a prepaid visa card is the way to go it doesn't link to any of your accounts so you are very safe and it's not online banking at all.

That's great give it a go

I would like to donate. I tried reading through all the response here, but hard to follow everything. @anthony Are you saying when you purchase the pre-paid card you have to associate it with a verifiable address, or are you saying that when you enter it in Paypal that Paypal requires you to enter the address? I don't have such an issue with this forum coming up on my billing statements, but I don't want my personal identifying information available to Paypal or the forum. Can you explain what you see on the back end?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back