• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Donation Challenge - Annual Server Costs - Can We Do It?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't matter both threads are doing the Same thing, I have to go to town was going to be today but not till tomorrow and just have to sort my license to be able to get a top up one. but put some on the go me fund last week and will put more on tomorrow.

Thanks alba it's going great isn't it

Sammy

I don't have such an issue with this forum coming up on my billing statements, but I don't want my personal identifying information available to Paypal or the forum. Can you explain what you see on the back end?
What Paypal can see is what is obviously required by them that you input in order for them to process your transaction. What I see is that you, your account here / email, made a donation. What you do with Paypal has nothing to do with this site. Paypal is merely a payment processor. You want to pay x here, Paypal handle the money side, upon confirmation they send a confirmation to me and put the money (less fees) into the MyPTSD account. Everything is between you and Paypal.

Paypal is the same as your bank. They have the information on you. You transfer money to another, the other just gets the money and a basic who its from notice, nothing else. Paypal is exactly that... your bank.

@anthony thanks for the clarification. Account/email sounds fine (that's what you already have on me). One last thing: Paypal does not see our account on here, correct?

Sounds as though those individuals who wish to conceal that they are donating to this forum are the only ones who need to bother with the pre-paid card.

A prepaid card doesn't conceal anything here... that is people who want to conceal themselves from the Internet. You click a button here, it passes you to paypal, paypal handles the money and transaction, paypal passes an approved or reject back here with the account information. The only ones who are truly anonymous are guests... but even them... I still have information upon.

People are fooling themselves to think they can be online and be anonymous, truly anonymous. There is no such thing.

Paypal cannot see anything here other than the information passed to them from here, being your account name, email and how much you're donating. You can use the anonymous option when donating, which clears your username from the process.

The reason I use a pre paid card is all of our books are handled by an accountant as we are self employed and I just don't want my accountant to read information on my bank statement. That's the only reason I don't donate the normal way. By using a pre paid Visa card it never goes any where near my bank statements. I am just very hidden about my past and what's wrong with me. We live in a small town !

Paypal cannot see anything here other than the information passed to them from here, being your account name, email and how much you're donating. You can use the anonymous option when donating, which clears your username from the process.

I think that's an important point as it expands ones exposure on this site. Are you referring to the option on the donate screen that allows you to hide your identity or are you talking about submitting anonymously or as a guest?

As far as the pre-paid card, I think you misunderstood, I was specifically saying that it would help those such as @Sammyiam who don't want the forum to show up on their billing statement. I understand fully about the internet and the lack of total anonymity.

Don't know if this was said, but if you have $$$$ in your paypal account, there is no way that this site shows up on any statement other than the paypal site itself. Bank transfer to paypal, wait a few days, pay my PTSD. I've had a paypal account since the very beginning and I oftentimes pay for things using my balance rather than have a ton of hits to my credit card.

I didn't read the whole thread, but I think this solves a LOT of the issues posted here in this thread.

ETA unless this is an old function.....if so, my bad. Paypal and Ebay are constantly changing and I gave up trying to keep up with all of the changes beyond what I use regularly.

Last edited by a moderator:
On to the more serious stuff... I'm back from work and have to say "Way to go" to those who have been contributing.
Screen Shot 2015-02-23 at 6.33.15 pm.png

I'm impressed and it would be more than awesome if we could achieve this. Thank you again to those donating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back