• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Donation Goal Increase. Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anthony

Founder
I have received a notification from Google cancelling their ad serving here due to the sites content being too sensitive in nature. Short, but I tried the easy approach first. Their ads, their policy, their rules. I have zero choice in the matter, and I certainly can't edit the entire site to remove sensitive information such as people talking about their trauma.

Therefor the donation goal has temporarily increased again, close to the full server amount, I make up the remainder each month.

I will be looking into private advertising options over the next week to replace Googles Adsense. At this time, that puts a very big hit into the sites budget. I checked their policy, the content here didn't breach it, but it seems they've created a unique reason for this site not otherwise contained in their policies... which there is just nothing I can do about that.

Last edited:
Thank you Anthony for the update. I inadvertently wrote a help desk thread to inquire at the same time.
I am sorry that it went down like that with Google. Image that, a PTSD site having too sensitive of material to advertise.:spitdummy: Who knew?

At any rate, I wanted to offer that paypal will transfer any little amount that can be spared (or perhaps not really spared but allocated to continue the site). I remember my time prior to this site, when there was not anyone else that understood...it was a sad time.

I know the movement within my comprehension as well as progress has been furthered by this community. I am even seeing PTSD Teens on the site! (Beautiful, members they can reach out to). I also know this community has worked it out month to month before I came along as well.
So please forgive my rally cry to help Anthony and our gang...but no amount is too small, you know? So try...

Thanks for your tolerance of my thoughts, support towards recovery for others and just being you. Peace.

That's terrible! Is there any way we can all sign some sort of letter to them? Any chance their rules can be conformed to fit "modern" medicine? So little is still in known about PTSD and yet their regulations sound like they were written in the 1930's!

I will definitely try to donate. Where do I go to do this?

There is a tab in the navigation to donate... always has been.

Googles ad policies are their ad policies, you cannot argue with them, petition them or anything else. It is their system, they have the right to deem who uses their ads and who doesn't.

And no, they aren't discriminating against PTSD, as they allow PTSD sites to use their ads... they're stating that the content here is of a sensitive nature, too sensitive, for them to want to have their ads upon this site. Specifically... the talking of traumatic incidents is what they're referring to.

Someone writing a blog and discussing their inner thoughts is one thing, but a site full of traumatic discussion is a whole other ball game... apparently, for them anyway.

There are private options that are available, though I wanted to try Google first as they are the largest and easiest to deal with. Google has instant results, where private options take around 8 - 12 weeks to get rolling along as advertisers have to find you and choose you.

I am putting in $50 per month, hence the goal is $250 per month, totalling the server cost of $300 pcm.

So in effect Google is discriminating against PSTD? Me thinks I'll go change my home page. Does anyone know of a better search engine to use? Why should I support them when they, in effect, won't support me? BOO Google!
https://duckduckgo.com/

They don't mine you for data, protect your privacy, and some other cool stuff. Your web activity will still be logged by your provider (most likely), but it's a little layer of protection from being tracked constantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back