• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Don't Get Why Anxiety Is So High!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smile

MyPTSD Pro
I had my disability hearing like a week ago and the judge said I should be expecting a favorable decision. My attorney said that means I won.

My anxiety starting going through the roof about 3 days before the hearing... ok, that I expected. But it hasn't gone away! Always anxiety. No relief.

But of relief when I sleep except my sleep is fitful. Constantly waking up from some weird dream that I never remember the next day.

I just don't get it. Ive been waiting for this hearing for years... pushing myself to the time when I don't have to be homeless or be taking money from mother. And now that time has practically come and I'm WORSE??

You been fighting for this for years you say under harsh conditions. Im not sure you are gettin worse. I just dont think its so simple that we can achieve a long sought for goal and then instantely all is well and fine and dandy. Its implicates so much. And must be so many mixed emotions for you to deale with I assume.
Not sure how to express my self but makes sense to me. Hold firm until you get the final answer for this.

Sending you warm thoughts and blessing and pray that it will be a sure yes and a new start for you.

Take care.

Oh I don't know. I think for me when I reach a level of stress and aggrevation (and of course especially if it involves dealing with triggering material) then it doesn't just naturally settle when external factors do. It can take a long time and me doing a lot of active work on grounding myself to balance out again. As the others said there could also be hidden fears or thoughts associated with the end.

Well done for getting through it! You should be proud. I hope things settle soon.

I received my decision and it was fully favorable! But anxiety us still high up on my "frenemy" list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back