• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Don't Give Up! (Disability Claims)

Status
Not open for further replies.

9Lives

Learning
Hello, it's 9Lives. Sorry I've been out of the loop for a while. I don't think I was even able to finish my trauma diary before it got to be too overwhelming & I needed to take a break.

But, I do hope everyone I've chatted with is staying strong! I especially wanted to let those of you who asked for advice regarding Veterans & State Disability to hang in there & don't ever give up! It may take years of fighting with the government (took me almost 13 years) but, today, I finally received a satisfactory rating from the VA and more importantly, recognition of my condition & the trauma I endured.

I know now that whatever happens to me, my son has a better chance for a brighter future than what I had. He may or may not choose to join the military but, he has another choice available to him now - College! And, I am very grateful that he has this option as well. Anyway, take care & I will try to be back more often.

I am in the beginning stage of that battle. I was forewarned that it could take years. I'm not usually a fighter, so I have an attorney working on it with me. Good to know yours finally came through. Congratulations!

Hopefully a win would finance me going back to school for a less stressful (second) career choice.

9Lives, Bless you and Congrats!

You deserve the best treatment from others that is availaible. Read what I wrote on 'going on hopes' thread about ending the war and funding health care.

Thank you so much for what you endured. ANYTHING WE CAN DO TO HELP YOU TO HEAL...........PLEASE LET US KNOW.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back