• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Don't Know What To Do! Communications and PTSD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Paul,

I understand where you are coming from. I have PTSD and it was rough on my marriage because I did not understand it and my husband could not fathom it. He wanted me back they way I was when we first met. In the midst of all this another trauma happened and we stopped communicating. We are separated now and everyday I want to repair what was lost but know until I heal emotionally and can cope with the symptoms of PTSD that I will not be able to restore the relationship with my husband. He also has had an affair in the midst of all this.

I have joined EA-Emotions Anonymous recently and am working through the 12 step program which is similar to AA's 12 Step Program. This is putting me on the path to emotional health something I have never truly known. Please express to your wife how you are truly feeling and do not push her away even if you feel you do not want to burden her. This will cause more problems than you really now. Remember the road to recovery does not happen over night it takes time and there will be valleys and mountains until you are healed. Help your wife and yourself to discover what is beneath the pain and agony by communication.

You have come to right place to seek help and understanding. Remember healing takes time. Take it one day at a time.

thanks livelysue,i have thought long and hard about this,and i think i may have stuffed up,but as soon as my lovely wife wakes up ill appologise and hopefully that will help.

somaliaspouse said:
nope no good at all.
looks like its back to moving out but we have four great kids to think about

Geez mate... that turned around again pretty quick. What went to shit this time? It really isn't going to be an easy ride, but I think you both know that from what Kim has spoken about on here....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back