• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Dont Know Where To Go

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tufag

I've been recently diagnosed with ptsd due to some traumas that happened during my marriage. My bf has had a diagnosis from childhood traumas. We went through a huge discussion of what exactly was going on. What person he had presented during the first part of our relationship that I fell in love with because that person has been gone for over 7 months now and we've had a few fights and we'RE both going to therapy.
Maybe it's just my trust issues that he's messed with in the last few months but there's one other person who was involved in a disassociation episode of his and he behaved unlike himself. My insecurities I will admit get the better of me and I'm really trying to work through them. I feel like she's a threat though I'd like him to stop his communication with her seeing as they've only known each other a few months but I don't want to be that person that dictates his life. I don't want him to feel that way. I don't want to be the crazy gf and say its her or me but sometimes I feel that way. I feel awful just thinking like that. It's been 2 steps forward 1 back in everything with us lately and it's not just that issue with her. I feel like he's died sometimes. Everything was good I thought and then everything got taken away all the affection, communication, intimacy, emotional support, all of it he shut down and took with him. While I still did my best to remain the same... it's been difficult. I'm hurting, I feel like no matter what I say it's never going to matter.
Maybe that's because that's how I used to always feel in my marriage so that what I know what I need to work through and need to change but I'm such a mess tonight I just wanted someone to talk to. Tell me I'm being ridiculous or if it's valid. I don't know I just wonder if anyone have any advice or similar issues.

Hi and welcome! Sounds like you guys have alot to deal with right now. I don't any advice just wanted to say hi and let you know someone has heard you. You're not alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back