• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer Don't tell anyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madmaninabox

Confident
Hi, I have been looking around this site for years, but I'm not one to share my feelings. I have been told not to talk about things, and I have listed. But I'm getting to a point were in need to get some of my story out of my head. I feel sick and trapped by my own thoughts

I accidentally posted that before I ment to lol.
Anyway it has been great to know I'm not alone, and I can have supporting people to listen. My family is not one to talk about problems. I have always just heard "others have it worse" "it's in the past just moved on."
I don't want to put anything triggering here. I just wanted to introduce myself and say hi, thanks for listening.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome!

Please don’t worry about triggering others! This site is pretty awesome as they tell us it’s up to each one of us to monitor ourselves if we get triggered. The nice thing is that everyone is free to write about their issues and struggles and experiences without having to worry about triggering others. I know that on other sites I was afraid to say anything because if I posted without a trigger warning and my post was deemed to be triggering, then I’d get a warning. (Who needs that? Lol)

Happy to see you stepping out. You will be met with compassion and understanding, not the old "go to phrases" that people use out of ignorance.
We each are responsible for our triggers. If someone is triggered it is up to us to deal with it. Don' let that stop you from sharing.

Take your time. We are here and you don't have to be alone any longer.

Thank you for the info, I really worry about every one, but I'm grateful that I can talk!:)

Happy to see you stepping out. You will be met with compassion and understanding, not the old "go to phra...

Your comment honestly made me want to Cry! Thank you so much for the welcomeing words! My ptsd has made me feel alone. It's really awesome to have this space were in can talk about stuff, and not feel like a total outsider.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back