1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Sufferer Don't tell anyone

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Madwomeninabox, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Madwomeninabox

Madwomeninabox New Member

Hi, I have been looking around this site for years, but I'm not one to share my feelings. I have been told not to talk about things, and I have listed. But I'm getting to a point were in need to get some of my story out of my head. I feel sick and trapped by my own thoughts

I accidentally posted that before I ment to lol.
    Anyway it has been great to know I'm not alone, and I can have supporting people to listen. My family is not one to talk about problems. I have always just heard "others have it worse" "it's in the past just moved on."
    I don't want to put anything triggering here. I just wanted to introduce myself and say hi, thanks for listening.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2017
    ladee, shimmerz and mumstheword like this.
  2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. EveHarrington

EveHarrington I'm a VIP Premium Member

Welcome!

Please don’t worry about triggering others! This site is pretty awesome as they tell us it’s up to each one of us to monitor ourselves if we get triggered. The nice thing is that everyone is free to write about their issues and struggles and experiences without having to worry about triggering others. I know that on other sites I was afraid to say anything because if I posted without a trigger warning and my post was deemed to be triggering, then I’d get a warning. (Who needs that? Lol)

Madwomeninabox likes this.
  4. ladee

ladee All the hard work has been worth it ! Premium Member

Happy to see you stepping out. You will be met with compassion and understanding, not the old "go to phrases" that people use out of ignorance.
    We each are responsible for our triggers. If someone is triggered it is up to us to deal with it. Don' let that stop you from sharing.

Take your time. We are here and you don't have to be alone any longer.

Madwomeninabox likes this.
  5. Madwomeninabox

Madwomeninabox New Member

Thank you for the info, I really worry about every one, but I'm grateful that I can talk!:)

Your comment honestly made me want to Cry! Thank you so much for the welcomeing words! My ptsd has made me feel alone. It's really awesome to have this space were in can talk about stuff, and not feel like a total outsider.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2017
    ladee and EveHarrington like this.
Show Sidebar