• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Dr. diane langberg video

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keen

MyPTSD Pro
Has anyone else already posted a link to this video about complex trauma? I just came across it and it was AWESOME! It really helped me to understand my symptoms better, and I think it could be great to show those you love so they can understand you better too.
I don't know how to post links on here but you can find it on Youtube under the name Complex Trauma: Understanding and Treatment by Dr. Diane Langberg

Last edited by a moderator:
Will have to explore that: maybe it could help to understand it better. Because so often I am just totally lost in the symptoms.

How does a complex PTSD patient find normal again? Especially when facing the fact that the normal they thought was normal was abnormal?

Complex Trauma: Understanding and Treatment by Dr. Diane Langberg

The most frustrating thing is that she takes a very broad topic & not only increasingly & narrowly defines it as "childhood-developmental-interpersonal-trauma", but then goes on to describe things like "war" as a single event :O_o: So I wish she had titled it differently. It's not about understanding & treatment of complex trauma, but understanding complex trauma that includes childhood-developmental-interpersonal-trauma.

I like how she just explained the symptoms (like, for example, loss of meaning, or dissociation) in ways that the everyman could understand. She helped it make sense that these symptoms develop in those kinds of situations. I found it really helpful. But, of course, it is inadequate to fully explain something as complex and complex trauma in 50 minutes.

I really like all of her videos discussing trauma & narcissism. Very helpful for understanding & accepting things as they are. Without too much of the Christian bible banger rhetoric, which isn't a bad thing. Just keeps things somewhat more neutral.

Thank you for this! I listened to the entire video this morning and it is spot on. We all need to TALK and our trauma tells the truth with dignity. We need to repeat our stories and have someone to grasp our strong emotions and fear. We need to find someone safe, caring, wise and patient to grant us the courage to face the truth we wish wasn't true. The courage to express the accompanying emotions and to express TEARS of sadness that have been bottled up for so long. We need TIME to learn how to care for ourselves self sooth and handle emotions we didn't think we could. That's beautiful. Thank you again.

The most frustrating thing is that she takes a very broad topic & not only increasingly & narrowly defines it as "childhood-developmental-interpersonal-trauma", but then goes on to describe things like "war" as a single event :O_o:

I agree completely. Part of the reason I didn't get treatment when I should have is because I didn't fit the single traumatic event stereotype. Sub-dividing PTSD into smaller and smaller groups makes it difficult for us to collectively fight for better resources. The differences between chronic exposure to childhood trauma and chronic exposure to war (soldier or civilian) are so small that it should only be a concern for researchers. We don't need to let that divide us into smaller and smaller camps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back