• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Drinking too much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alcohol is a trigger of mine in some ways. So I'm trying to keep alcohol out of the house as much as possible. My DH also most likely has PTSD or something akin to it like I do. He is also an alcoholic. So I'm really doing all I can because it's becoming a fiery situation...

I had always liked drinking here and there, probably too much but I had always kept it at manageable levels even while on meds such as Xanax.

After starting Paxil however, it seemed to take more alcohol to achieve the same feeling to cope. This had unintended consequences and resulted in blackouts and really risky behaviors.

I eventually was able to come off meds entirely but continued to drink. By then I had already trained my brain to be an alcoholic. I had not realized I was about to do the worst thing I would ever do in my life. Fortunately, everybody is still alive.

AA was my solution. I now help other people to cope.

Hi @Fayne Jane.. I think the fact that you know you are drinking to much is a very positive response.... Your dealing with horrific memories...so you want a drink to forget... Ease the pain... Cope.

I get it.... I did it..... Don't be to hard on yourself.... You will find a better way... But for now.... It's a coping mechanism... That's all....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back