• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Driving - The Results of Speeding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great idea Terry, mate. Or just show them the consequences of what they did, and then bang them up for 10 years, or put them on a Chain Gang if you still have them in the South.
Scott:kickass:

Americans in the South are a little more than "chain gang" happy. It was considered cruel and unusual punishment abolished in the 50's and has a dirty history involving slavery. We have evolved even if their are a few idiots running around in the South thinking this is bright and tried to push it in the 90's. Again Southerners are a bit more evolved than what is commonly thought, not all inhumane, I think the world as a whole has proved how inhumane it can be again as a whole in different parts of history and currently. Why do I feel like that pissed off cave man in the Geiko commercial?

being from the South that obviously struck a cord... here is an example of one of our modern day morons in the USA. http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/Southwest/10/29/chain.gang.reut/ Now how many cases of PTSD will result from this bull? If you have a heat stroke you have to pay to be seen as a result too. Nut job nut jobs. Chain gangs stem from slavery. This is so ugly our country has people in power that have the nuts to do this. It literally brings tears to my eyes that people are set up for conditions that will develope this condition and most likely land right back there.

So not attacking you Scott at all, but sterotypes are harmful, being a world wide community I am only letting you know how deep some of our scars lay and we fight hard to keep this barbaric treatment in the past as a lesson learned. But so many like this idiot move into a form of power and let it repeat. It is emotional. Not a joke, especially if these things continue.

Now if we cannot shoot a pedophile in the head, well a life of this is fair in this case to me. Not general stupidity.

Hi Veiled, sorry if I offended you about the chain gangs. I was just trying to make the comment that here in the UK our laws are far to soft, on criminals. Unlike in the US where the laws are a lot tougher. I didn't know that chain gangs are know longer in use.
A thousand apologies to you.
Scott

Scott it is not you. But a little American history. I am very emotional today and to the point of flashing back bad enough my MIL had to come get my daughter... Been a while for that (flashbacks) at it was a new one. So I am just a bit "touchy". I know being American I had my history pushed but know extremely little of world history. I can only assume the same for people from other places, so not a knock on you. This is just a very very touchy subject here as the history of slavery and forced labor is still pretty fresh. Chain gangs came from slavery, it was used as punishment after slavery to set an example to other black people. Our culture here had and apparently still has some very sick views. Sorry to ramble not a good day for me, we all have our crashes. Just why in the hell can they not have people who are at least half sane run for an office? We have elections blah blah blah... But shit none of them have their head out of their ass. And as Americans we get a bad wrap as all we can do is try to make the most of it and not choose the most blatant moron. Yes, I am sliding way off topic, but again, not a good day here. Sorry if I came across crass. But I normally do on good days too, just this time did not mean to!

See also, that is the thing they are bringing this back. How?? How can a woman who was an idiot and forged a check get this? Is this treatment honestly just punishment for that? She deserves punisment no doubt but to reach back in the day of slavery and forced labor for sheer dumb ass move... Can we say over kill? Oh they get out of the tiny cell for fresh air (in the desert of 120 degrees F)... Yet a guy rapes a little girl gets probation, I shit you not (after all he is a first offender, or more like first time caught). Lord our laws are so lax and total bullshit, but if you do a little fk up, you get this?? And so many have no clue why we look bad. insanity. And us rednecks... LOL, Maybe I will feel better if I go get a big dip and strum away on the porch on a fiddle or banjo. That was a total joke and poking fun at myself. I would go barefoot but damn this move made me see it is cold barefoot outside. New experince yesterday walking out side with no shoes on frozen ground ha ha.

But no we do not have harsh laws really. Only if you have minor screw ups. You do something major you get probation. And I am nuts. Dammit I need to hush!

I've found this site not because the motorist was speeding, but on the wrong side of the road.

People in cars need to understand the importance of their actions.

i

Regarding Hammond's crash I'm not sure how much he can actually recall of the incident? Is this also not crucial?

i

Hello idiceus, sorry I dont understand what you mean, not crucial for who?

Having seen the interview myself now I think he may have been effected by the incident. It maybe out of his control the way the media and his co hosts go on about it. I'm feeling a little more charitable towards Hammond himself. Not the programme though, they should drop the programme in my opinion.

I thought that to develop PTSD you have to have some memory of the incident? Maybe I'm wrong? and I wasn't sure if Hammond had any actual recollection?

As for the show, you can see why its entertaining but Clarkson is an arse!

I have thought for a while that we should restrict car engine size to 1.8 max, but basically as a way cut cut consumption and emissions.

i

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back